Additional Military Use of the.375 CT round

VaRandy

Sergeant
Minuteman
An interesting news item from Jane's:
The Czech Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a contract worth CZK75 million (USD3 million) for Desert Tech Hard Target Interdiction (HTI) rifles for use by Czech special forces in international operations.

The contract includes the delivery of 30 sniper rifles, each with a set of conversion kits for .375 CT and .50 BMG cartridges (including barrel, bolt, and magazines), along with scopes, 120 replacement barrels (737 mm/29 inches long), 21,000 cartridges, and additional accessories such as bipods, mounts, and cases.

The HTI is a bullpup design, multi-calibre (convertible between .375 CT, .408 CT, .416 Barrett and .50 BMG), bolt-action sniper/anti-materiel rifle capable of engaging targets out to ranges of 2,200-2,750 m. It is equipped with a quick-change barrel that can be replaced in less than 60 seconds even in field conditions.​
As far as I know, this is the first official adoption of the .375 Chey-Tac.

It's the first somewhat official mention of .375 CT being used by a military, I must agree and thanks for posting.

I am willing to bet other militaries, esp the USA, is using .375CT.

Several years ago there were a couple reports of a few SF groups using .408CT.

The​​​​​​ most special of the special buy whatever they want without having to put out bids...etc

They just buy off civilian market and those items are simply on that units hand receipt without an NSN and there's no tracking of those items past that.

Jeezus, anyone else doing the math on this one? Essentially $100k per "system" with replacement parts, ammo and optics???? Anyone have any doubts left about why some companies will ignore civ shooters to obtain or support a mil contract?

That is in no way an indictment of DTA, who by any account I've heard is a standup company, but how many Hiders would need to buy a rifle to equal this mil contract?

I recall running into a Georgian Marine sniper sporting a DTA and stopping to shoot the shit for a minute about how the hell he had one. The language barrier was tough, but from what I saw of the Georgians my guess was that good ole Uncle Sugar was providing a good bit of their kit for them.

Good for DTA to get a seat in front of a fat government tit. God knows some companies far less deserving have suckled for a while.

At SHOT SHOW this year Accuracy International was showing the new switch barrel AXMC 50 Cal. With this news I am sure the will also come to the party and offer other calibers. I have a PSR and the barrel and bolt change take me about 1 minute it would be the same for the .50 to .375 or .408. Both DTA and AI are very good platforms and our Special Forces deserve the best for the work they do.

Glad to see that DT is getting a government contract that is "profitable" to say the least. I contacted Nick a few years ago and told him I respected and appreciated when he declined a contract with our freinemy Pakistan if I recall correctly.

I planned then to support DT by purchasing one of their rifles and indeed I have.

I know that Prairie Gunworks of Canada supplies special forces in Canada. Don't know if most are .338 or larger. I am using their Timberwolfe action in .408.

Overseas they were using the Timberwolf in 338, and the McMillan Tac-50. There were also some first-gen-looking KAC SR25s floating around for DMR type uses.