• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Adorama and #WALKAWAY

Hey Veer,

Not trying to pick a fight with you, but it appears that another Adorama employee did step in and complete the sale. If so, I my opinion, the issue is more specifically with the employee and maybe less so (hopefully anyway) with Adorama.

I will be following this thread with interest. I have purchased some medium to high end Canon and Apple products from them. If Adorama stand behind the dickhead and don't dismiss him with/for cause, I'll be e-mailing them and telling them that I'm done buying from them.

Reactions: Redmanss
Hey Veer,

Not trying to pick a fight with you, but it appears that another Adorama employee did step in and complete the sale. If so, I my opinion, the issue is more specifically with the employee and maybe less so (hopefully anyway) with Adorama.

I will be following this thread with interest. I have purchased some medium to high end Canon and Apple products from them. If Adorama stand behind the dickhead and don't dismiss him with/for cause, I'll be e-mailing them and telling them that I'm done buying from them.

I hadn't heard that. For the time being, fuck them until they do what's right. But his point about access to personal information is quite valid.

funny to see the lefts reaction when they use their age old tactics on themselves. Hopefully, the left and the entrenched establishment eat themselves.

I hadn't heard that. For the time being, fuck them until they do what's right. But his point about access to personal information is quite valid.

That's what I thought I read in the article. Having said that, I'm going to follow this until I'm satisfied that Adorama did the right thing and canned him. If not, I'm done with them and will tell them that. Another on the list is Columbia Sportswear.

"I'm shaking right now"?

Dafuq?

I have absolutely no idea who this guy is, but if being refused service by a SINGLE employee has you "shaking" (especially after another employee completes the sale) then perhaps you should harden the fuck up.

Gay hair stylist in Manhattan, Boiler. Baby steps, man, baby steps.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
Cameraland is on here and I recently bought a tripod from them. I didn't contact 'em until after they closed, but they said call back Monday and they'd take care of it. They did. I got the tripod on sale and they even offered me one that they were clearing out for a massive discount, only it wouldn't go low enough or I'd have taken it. Great guys and they know who their customers are.

Adorama is the biggest bait and switch den in America.

I bought a medium format camera from them on their web. It came gray market. I called and complained right away. They said ship it back and we will refund. I sent it registered. Month goes by- no money. 2 months 4 months then 6. I call and send registered letters. Finally had it with their shit.
Drove 5 hours early Monday am. Got there when store opens. No security in store yet. I Asked to see new Auto Medium format cam more expensive than the one I bought.
I say I like it,..I 'll take it. They say how would you like to pay for it. I said no I'll just take it. I dropped a envelope on the counter that had copies of all our correspondence plus a letter stating that I am holding this camera until you give me my refund, After that you may have it back. They were yelling get him get him but I guess nobody wanted to get him cause I just walked right out the front door. After 4 more months of no refund I sold it.

FK Adorama.

So, maybe you got a record in New York, too? This is what lawyers are for.

Reactions: shoobe01 and 1J04

"I'm shaking right now"?

Dafuq?

I have absolutely no idea who this guy is, but if being refused service by a SINGLE employee has you "shaking" (especially after another employee completes the sale) then perhaps you should harden the fuck up.

He was pissed off and rightly so. Likely caught him completely off guard. At least he kept his composure. Had that been me, I might have gotten into some trouble

3Byv5z.jpg

Reactions: oneshot86 and 1J04
Always the Pharisee....passing judgment on people.

You must be quite high and mighty.

maxresdefault.jpg

Judging me by your standards, your moral metrics?

You assert that they owed you $2,200.

You took a $4,500 camera without paying for it.

$3,000 and over is a Class D felony, Grand Larceny, by definition:

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/new-york-law/new-york-larceny-laws.html

These are incontrovertible facts.

As to thievery?

Since you threw yours in my face, have some of mine.

||1||: Salok, First Mahal: The thief robs a house, and offers the stolen goods to his ancestors. In the world hereafter, this is recognized, and his ancestors are considered thieves as well. The hands of the go-between are cut off; this is the Lord's justice. O Nanak, in the world hereafter, that alone is received, which one gives to the needy from his own earnings and labor. ||1|| (sggs 472)

http://www.gurbani.org/articles/webart312.htm

Last edited:
Only way he will harden up is if we drop him into a pool of freshly poured concrete!

When your enemy is tearing himself to pieces its better to STFU and let them do your work.

This guy is waking up to the fact no one should have any say in how I live my personal life.

Better to respond in kind. He is your friend.

Edit Add - Few posts down it appears my sarcasm RADAR was off and I incorrectly accused Snipe of using lethal GAYDAR.

When your enemy is tearing himself to pieces its better to STFU and let them do your work.

This guy is waking up to the fact no one should have any say in how I live my personal life.

Better to respond in kind. He is your friend.

Edit Add - Few posts down it appears my sarcasm RADAR was off and I incorrectly accused Snipe of using lethal GAYDAR.
Thank you! Yes. I saw the error of my ways! Had nothing to do that he's gay! Just a commie! Maybe he's coming to our side and I'll accept it with open arms!

Back on the main topic, here's a better and not as much of a clickbait type article on the incident, including Adorama's response. https://www.theepochtimes.com/walk-...e-at-manhattan-electronics-store_2585685.html

“The Adorama Management Team deeply regrets the incident involving an employee in our store. Please know this is not who we are, and does not reflect the position of our owners or other staff members. This is being taken seriously and is being addressed with the highest priority.”

Unlike the left, I don't support the boycott of any company because of the error of one employee which the company is taking its own internal steps to correct anymore than I support never buying an optic company because they had a one-off faulty product.

I still buy from CameraLand anytime I can, but Adorama has had my business quite a bit in the past and will continue to have it for their vast inventory and great prices on all things electronics, as well for their continued focus on business and not politics. If that changes, then so will my purchasing.

And I will outright say, if you have never been so angry you have been literally shaking, then you are a sheep who goes with the wind far too easily. It's not a "gay" or thin skin thing, it's a give a shit about what's important in your life thing.

You're absolutely right, it was. But faced with dozens of Tweets & Facebook postings to respond to yesterday - Sunday - and a limited number of characters (on Twitter, at least) I was doing my best to convey the regret of Adorama the business; the position of owners, senior managers and our employees to the issue; and of course the intention to investigate thoroughly.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera
[email protected]

You're absolutely right, it was. But faced with dozens of Tweets & Facebook postings to respond to yesterday - Sunday - and a limited number of characters (on Twitter, at least) I was doing my best to convey the regret of Adorama the business; the position of owners, senior managers and our employees to the issue; and of course the intention to investigate thoroughly.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera
[email protected]

Thread title amended. Thank you for a timely, forthright response.

Indeed. What happened to the Adorama Thiefs Post though? I see you've got it "quoted" up above. I wonder if this "EVENT" can be confirmed? :unsure:

I think that someone convinced him that public admission, in the view of multiple present and past sworn LEOs, of criminal behavior making him someone who is teetering along the edge of becoming federally prohibited per 18 U.S.C. § 922 (g) is lethally stupid. This just further reinforces my reservations concerning him, after last summer's multiple threats to come and kick the dirt clods off my plow.

Reactions: Bender and 1J04
I think that someone convinced him that public admission, in the view of multiple present and past sworn LEOs, of criminal behavior making him someone who is teetering along the edge of becoming federally prohibited per 18 U.S.C. § 922 (g) is lethally stupid. This just further reinforces my reservations concerning him, after last summer's multiple threats to come and kick the dirt clods off my plow.

I'll be go to hell. My bad for thinking he wouldn't pick up on the error of his ways.......... :confused:;)

I don't see how this alleged event has any relevance to this topic with #walkaway

Exactly, but he's the one who put it out there all by himself. You're more than welcome to go direct to the source for the answer you seek. But you're gonna have to wait a bit till his 'routine' is over and he clears the floor. ;)

2d88H45.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ruebarb
I didn't go anywhere. I am fully content with the outcome in NY. Loved doing it. Little white collar smug thieves hiding behind their counter got a taste of the real world. I just pulled my posts cause it did not any value to the topic.

Lemeseeeeeee. 4100,......4200........4300......4400..........4500.................................... Yahtzee !!!!!

md-money.jpg

Show Me The Money Say it Bitches

Last edited:
Ruebarb, The Bear Pit is a little wonky. Sometimes its on the 2-4 beat while at any monent can shit to a 3-5 count. Its a little hard to dance to at times.