• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Advice on economy beginner NRL22 scope

Grog11

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2018
Anthem, Arizona
I’m getting a .22 AR built up for my kids to plink and basically learn about shooting. I want to get them a scope that they can use that will be capable of use in a NRL22 type of match if they choose to do that. I also want to spend as little $$ as possible on this as they seem to destroy everything they touch. If they actually start to show interest in this stuff, then I’ll splurge for a better scope later. Any suggestions on a budget rimfire scope that could be used in this scenario?

The SWFA Super Sniper 3-15x. FFP, Mil-quad reticle, target turrets, side focus, 6m-infinity paralax adjustment, and if the glass is as good as the fixed 10x I have from them, then I think it would be hard to beat. $699.95

Reactions: Grouper
The SWFA Super Sniper 3-15x. FFP, Mil-quad reticle, target turrets, side focus, 6m-infinity paralax adjustment, and if the glass is as good as the fixed 10x I have from them, then I think it would be hard to beat. $699.95
Buy once cry once. Get them on board with a Mrad scope to start with .

Is SWFA a brand or a storefront? I googled and came to a storefront. Do they have their own brand?

I found it.
Its a store front but they are basically the old good japanese tasco scopes from what Ive read. Before tasco got their name paired to cheap 20 buck walmart pellet gun scopes.

The swfa ss fixed power is a solid, if unspectacular, scope, a work horse if you will. They have upgraded the glass in the more expensive HD models that is reportedly pretty darn good but the regular models owe their good reputation to the tracking and durability. Which is really all anyone wants in a 2-300 dollar scope, youre not going to get hubble level glass obviously but you also wont pull your hair out trying to figure out why you cant get it to zero and adjust properly.

Its a store front but they are basically the old good japanese tasco scopes from what Ive read. Before tasco got their name paired to cheap 20 buck walmart pellet gun scopes.

The swfa ss fixed power is a solid, if unspectacular, scope, a work horse if you will. They have upgraded the glass in the more expensive HD models that is reportedly pretty darn good but the regular models owe their good reputation to the tracking and durability. Which is really all anyone wants in a 2-300 dollar scope, youre not going to get hubble level glass obviously but you also wont pull your hair out trying to figure out why you cant get it to zero and adjust properly.

Yeah read all about them over the last few days and the pedigree was quite impressive. I saw no bad reviews for a scope that has been available for eons it seems. I ordered the 10x fixed mil/mil last night.