• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Aero Precision Complete Uppers

Rerun7

Furious George
Minuteman
  • Feb 18, 2017
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Did a search but didn’t see anything.

Anyone have experience with the Aero complete uppers. Was thinking about doing a cheap 6.5 Grendel build and saw they have some complete uppers for less than $500. Curious how the quality and accuracy are.

I'm going to order a complete upper and lower from them soon. Seems like a good deal, I'm gonna go with the older style handguard. I'm looking at the 16" .223 wylde.

I've used their stripped lowers on several builds and used one of their complete uppers (8in 300blk) for a sbr. Good fit and finish and zero issues. They are a really good value for what they deliver.

For what its worth, I used 100's of Aero Uppers/lowers for years and they were always great. 3 QC issues over the past 6-8 months and their non existent customer service turned me away from them for good. Run around, told the guy handling my RMA quit and they were trying to figure out what he was working on. 3 months later I got a replacement lower. They forgot to mill the mag catch channel into the lower mag well. Bad handguard was laying on the gas tube. After back and forth and denials it was possibly they finally refunded my money after I sent hem an HD video which I posted on youtube with feeler gauges showing the top ID of the handguard was pushing the gas tube down once installed. They gave me a refund with agremment I take the video down.

Fuck them. Like I said, they were great for a long time. But I wont buy shit from them anymore.

With BCM MOD4 demo uppers at $59.95 with ejection port parts and forward assist parts I now use them solely for forged uppers. I have over 10+ on the shelf and have used at least 50 of these over the past 8 months. Ive turned numerous Hide members on to this little known deal. These are not blems just to be clear. They call them demo. I have had maybe 2 out of 50 that came with a barely noticeable rub on the side.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM...-Flat-Top-demo-p/flat top -upper -m4 demo.htm

@padom Damn, that sucks to hear. Whose parts are you using now? Pic of my last Aero attached...
    15200976301991612609654.jpg

The BCM blem upper build was the other route I was looking at. I’ve already got a BCM lightweight barrel on the way and was about to order the other parts when I ran across the Aero stuff.

That got my wheels turning on the 6.5 because this will be a dedicated upper for hog hunting. Sounds like I may just stick with the 5.56 route. I already have a BCM bcg so I can grab their upper and a kmr for a full BCM build.

I've had a few Aero uppers and lowers. All good quality so far. I wouldn't be afraid to run them at all. However I will definitely be looking into those BCM uppers your talking about!

Do those Wilson barrels go in and out of stock regularly? I need a new barrel and would like to try one of those as a cheapy, but they are out of stock.

The Wilson barrels are not cheapy barrels. They are very accurate, quality barrels. JSE gets all kinds of Wilson barrels in and out of stock along with other name brands. That specific one Ive never seen before but here are a bunch of other ones.

http://www.jsesurplus.com/barrels-3.aspx

Ahh. at $90 it makes tons of sense to just get a new barrel temporarily as I was planning on re barreling to Valk once I hear more info back on how the round actually works. (in theory it is great, use the high BC 75-80 ELD-M at the same approximate speeds I can get out of my bolt gun)

When I clicked your link they had one in stock. I ordered it. We'll see how it compares to my buddy's WOA.

Last edited:
    I have a complete .308 upper and a 6.5 Creedmoor complete upper. They have both performed stellarly. I have not had any negative experiences with the parts, completed rifles or the service at Aero. And when you catch some of the great sales they have regularly, you're really bound to get a good deal. Most recently complete 6.5 uppers were on sale for $599. I haven't shot either beyond a 1000 yards yet, but out to that point they are both way beyond acceptable.

Wilson barrels are no joke. Same blanks used by WOA. @padom - any chance you got hold of a Rainier UM Mod2 yet? And/or have any more info about them?

Nope. Rainier sent me many barrels before their MOD2. I've requested a MOD2 multiple times from them and they have declined.

At the price they are charging I they wouldn't be a thought. For that kind of money I'd have a custom cut rifled barrel done for the same money.

Nope. Rainier sent me many barrels before their MOD2. I've requested a MOD2 multiple times from them and they have declined.

At the price they are charging I they wouldn't be a thought. For that kind of money I'd have a custom cut rifled barrel done for the same money.
    How did the Rainier UM Mod1 barrels compare to the button rifled Rock Creeks from Rainier? If you had the chance to compare..

I’ve got three aero upper recievers. They fit extremely tight on my dpms pattern lowers. Ar15 and 10. The 223 models didn’t require much truing. The 308 on the other hand required a lot. In my opinion you could build a Grendel cheaper than that. Aero upper. Jse heavy 18” barrel. (Not Wilson). Yhm handgaurd. First five shots out of that rifle and first five shots out of a Grendel were under 1”. I didn’t chase extreme accuracy out this barrel. Just wanted a Grendel. It’s got potential for my needs

wilson barrels are not top of the line by any means. They are decent however. If pure accuracy is your goal, then i would highly recommend a cut rifled barrel like Krieger, or Bartlein. the Shilen ultramatch are also dam hard to beat.

wilson barrels are not top of the line by any means. They are decent however. If pure accuracy is your goal, then i would highly recommend a cut rifled barrel like Krieger, or Bartlein. the Shilen ultramatch are also dam hard to beat.

I just went out to shoot the one I just bought. Just brought IMI 55gr to make sure it functioned and it was putting IMI 55gr inside of an inch at 100. I can't be mad at that.

I took my new Wilson barrel out the other day to sight in. 18” bull 1-8 twist. Xm193 grouped 4 shots at .8. The 3rd shot was a called flier that put the group at 1.1”. That was with on sale xm193. I’m used to a 3” group with that stuff. Was gunna try varget under 69 smk tonight but the wind came up horrible.

Reactions: JMcBurn
    Finished an AP upper build fits AP lower AND my M&P Sport lower like a glove. AP lower would not take Rise Armament trigger without filing the forward corners. Use a Ballistic advantage Premium 20" DMR barrel haven't done accuracy test on it yet. More later