Afgan 13 Sep 1250m shots from M24s, 7,62mm

Re: Afgan 13 Sep 1250m shots from M24s, 7,62mm

I call its most likely BS, not necessarily on the where but the 1250m 60 MOA printed on the photo. First of all an M3A only has 75MOA of elevation, that would mean your zero is at the bottom 15 MOA or less. Every M24 I have ever shot you max out the elevation somewhere right around the 10 on the elevations BDC approximately 40-45 MOA or so. That means your zero is at the bottom 30 or more of your overall elevation travel. That leaves at least 15 MOA that would need to be held.

I don't use an M24, nor the scope, and I only shoot using mils. What I can say is that from where he said he was, the building, vantage point, and equipment all look correct. I would have put the distance closer to 1000 yards myself, but I'm not going to quibble with someone who was covering my ass that day.

Ok, I understand opsec to a point and maybe it was a real firefight. If so, did you guys or your guys get hits at 1250? Was it lasered? I don't really care much about the record, or about actual mission. Just curious if you got the hits. Terminal ballistics would be morbidly interesting at that range. A 175 smk at 1250 doesn't have many foot lbs of poop left in it. Next time a 338 would be nice, or even a 300 wm as I'm sure the dudes on the ground would agree! (At least the ones BEHIND the rifle.) He he.

I don't know about the shooting or the distance, but I spent two and a half years in Kabul (ISAF HQ, Daruliman and Camp Phoenix) and you will most definitely find places "that look like that" I think I have a general idea of the location, like a previous poster commented, the area looks pretty legit to me.

I'm sorry, I am just irritated by this thread. Cool guy pics are stupid and pointless if you can't tell the story. My gut reaction is that there isn't a real story here, something just seems off. I don't care about a grid, I just want some general details about why these guys who are obviously not soldiers are shooting 308's at 1250 yds, and weather they were actually hitting something or just shooting at a skyscraper 1250 yds away. If you want to claim that kind of shot with a platform not designed for the that distance then back it up a little. If not don't expect us to be awed or even to believe some generic post with mysterious secret references we aren't cleared for. Poor form mate.

To have that many snipers in a row and people standing up and some taking photos it looks like a training and orientation course to me. Humpty dumpty sat on a wall and One well placed RPG would get them all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Country</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To have that many snipers in a row and people standing up and some taking photos it looks like a training and orientation course to me. Humpty dumpty sat on a wall and One well placed RPG would get them all. </div></div>

Ha, yeah. Like I said I like to give people benefit of the doubt, but when it's your first post and you don't follow it up with anything except a need-to-know bull@$%* line...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MN sharpshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I call its most likely BS, not necessarily on the where but the 1250m 60 MOA printed on the photo. First of all an M3A only has 75MOA of elevation, that would mean your zero is at the bottom 15 MOA or less. Every M24 I have ever shot you max out the elevation somewhere right around the 10 on the elevations BDC approximately 40-45 MOA or so. That means your zero is at the bottom 30 or more of your overall elevation travel. That leaves at least 15 MOA that would need to be held.

Yeah, for all those people that are saying "see what the 308 can do" because of this thread I say STFU. Can you hit with one at a mile? Yes. But past 900-1000 yards the 308 is not ideal. Even that far, as has been said many times there are better cartridges.

</div></div>

I remember this fire fight. I was a few hundred meters ahead of these guys.... Im not sure if they got any hits but they damn sure made their presence known to the guys in the tall building.
And like he said he wont give you exact coordinates but Kabul, Afghan the tall building is sitting on jbad road.