• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Aguila Superextra Subsonic

Re: Aguila Superextra Subsonic

That is the stuff that works best in my Savage Mark II. I can put 10 shots at 25y into a pretty small little hole.

As you're probably aware though, every .22 is different.

Yup, completely aware of it, sako loves federal blue box, hates anything CCI. Just wondering if people have had generally good experience or generally bad with the ammo.

Its got very good primers. My M&P 15-22 has horrendous light strikes, but it still manages to set these off with some degree of reliability.

If you plan to run them suppressed, the lead is soft, and the wax coating is also soft. Unless you have a good take apart suppressor, they will fill your supressor with a clay-paste wax-carbon gunk.

Granted, I have a sparrow, so really dont give a shit about what I shoot since i can clean it easily.

However, suppressed, these rounds are stupid quiet. These are on par with aquila colibri, as far as noise is concerned

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its got very good primers. My M&P 15-22 has horrendous light strikes, but it still manages to set these off with some degree of reliability.

If you plan to run them suppressed, the lead is soft, and the wax coating is also soft. Unless you have a good take apart suppressor, they will fill your supressor with a clay-paste wax-carbon gunk.

Granted, I have a sparrow, so really dont give a shit about what I shoot since i can clean it easily.

However, suppressed, these rounds are stupid quiet. These are on par with aquila colibri, as far as noise is concerned </div></div>

Damn this state I live in, have to get out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is the stuff that works best in my Savage Mark II. I can put 10 shots at 25y into a pretty small little hole.
</div></div>

have you tried it out to 100 yards? if so how is it at 100?

50-100 yrd. . SE, is good practice hunting/plinking ammo . I have shot Aguila SE for many years & most the HP 38 grn.SE sub's .
It was years-back about .99-cents a box Plinker but the last 10-brick case I bought was around 300-$ with shipping . It's to much for that cheep Mexican shit but you don't have much of a choice anymore these days for reasonable price subsonic accuracy .
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">SE Aquila Sub's , is the ONLY money I will throw @ Aguila ammo . NEVER had any luck with there 'Match' ammo's fired from any .22 Bore I owned</span> .</span>

@ 100 yrd. SE subsonic is pretty predictable for accuracy and you can get better accuracy from it for the off-the-wall flyer, if you weight sort the ammo .
Also the only real bitch about the Mex. Aguila is that cheep-ass Paraffin wax they spray on it for bullet Lube .
If Aguila put a quality Lube on that Mex. cheepass SE shit . IT would be the best low-end practice .22 ammo around .

Paraffin wax Lube on the SE also suckass when the outside weather Temp, starts going down low under the 50-F. mark . I Have had it take more than 10 to 17 rounds to start grouping right and the Bore warmed-up for good tight groups . When the Temps. are warm outside the SE is pretty predictable even for a 1st round CB shot .
OK in this Pic, I put an <span style="font-weight: bold">( <span style="font-size: 11pt">unreasonable amount of time</span>)</span> into this Brick of Aguila 38 grn. HP SE . Just to see how tight I could get it .
weight sorted / re-lubed / re-formed bullet shape
It will group great but if Time is money. You are going broke with the amount of work .

This is Only 25 yrd. with 4-in-a-row 5-round grous but @ 100 yrd. it was pretty good results also.
But because I worked these over, this is not going to be typical for you just pulling it the box for the cheep SE .
ave.jpg

Any truth to what I heard that Aguila SE Subsonic is identical to PMC Moderator?

PMC Moderator shoots awesome out of my 452. Very quiet, but doesn't seem to be any more of it out there. Would love to find a replacement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roflcopter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any truth to what I heard that Aguila SE Subsonic is identical to PMC Moderator?

PMC Moderator shoots awesome out of my 452. Very quiet, but doesn't seem to be any more of it out there. Would love to find a replacement. </div></div>

As far as I've read, they are the same. Aguila stated they were making it for PMC back in the day. You could always pick up a few boxes and see if it shoots as well.

it cycles my mosquito's pefectly with good accuracy, jams all the time in my Ceiner 1911 conversion and tactical solution Ar upper. the superextra 40 gr cycle 100% in everything.
hope this helps.

I shoot the Aguila Match Rifle 40 gr and have had much success for a non-match shooter.

I do live in Louisiana so we typically have warmer weather (although we are in an ice storm right now and it's supposed to get in the teens tonight.)
mad.gif

I have had no problems out of the Aguila M.R. in regards to grouping. Maybe temperature is a thing? I don't have to wait for the barrel to heat up either.

Very interesting. Maybe the Mexicans are making ammo for their climate.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is the stuff that works best in my Savage Mark II. I can put 10 shots at 25y into a pretty small little hole.
</div></div>

have you tried it out to 100 yards? if so how is it at 100? </div></div>

Sorry, I have not.