Air Armor Tech Review

drwood96

Samsonite! I was way off!
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Sep 16, 2017
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Just received my Air Armor Tech middy case and wanted to share my first impressions.

I finally took the plunge after hauling around a full size Pelican Vault 800 for a weekend, plus it doesn’t fit in my SUV without laying the seats down. Yes, now that I have a folder I could have move to a smaller pelican but my main goal was to shave weight without giving up too much protection.

Air Armor Tech seems to fit the bill so far. The case with rifle weights about the same as the vault with foam. I was a little worried about inflation and almost bought a cheap electric pump on Amazon but glad I didn’t. I was able to inflate the case to a desired pressure with about 12 blows using the mouth piece. It has a big deflation valve for quick storage.

There are plenty of pockets to store basics for your rifle and pistol. For you switch barrel shooters, the case includes a spare barrel sleeve that can hold up to 30”.

The only negative I see so far is that it doesn’t met TSA standards for air travel.

Let me know if you have any questions.

97DEE734-65C9-402A-A768-954B21D3411A.jpeg

A2FDA0BD-C304-46E5-8D76-E0C425A779E2.jpeg

F6B7897A-107C-4F0E-890F-B95A15990109.jpeg

D949F054-C0B6-4CD2-84C2-4DC24DEC15C1.jpeg

2E125690-B0C4-4BE6-BE15-5F9419C1C712.jpeg

I bought one of their scope covers a few years ago. For when i go out to the range it works well. The rest of my gear is in a backpack, so no need for additional storage.

Instead of using the pelican case for range trip, just throw this thing on and its good to go.

Might have to get their medium case specifically for traveling in a hard case when I fly.

When I talked to him, he did say customers did indeed deflate it and stuffed in their hard case.

Might have to get their medium case specifically for traveling in a hard case when I fly.

When I talked to him, he did say customers did indeed deflate it and stuffed in their hard case.

After handling it, that seemed very doable. I’m still surprise by the weight difference and how little air it takes to get adequate protection.

The middy should work for folders or shorter barrel rifles. For reference, my rifle is 38” folded with break (26” barrel).

Reactions: blbennett1288
    Thanks for letting me know about this. How does it do when handling two rifles?

I have the mid length version that is designed to handle a single rifle plus gear. The long gun version should handle two rifle with ease and balance well. I like how the have pockets for the end of the barrels to hall protect the crown/break.