• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Alamo precision rifles are they GTG?

2c1fr

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Hello all

I am looking at getting some work done on an old rifle. I want to refurb it ,and make into something I’d use more.Namely I want it to be rebarreled and blued.

So question have any of y’all had Alamo precision work on your stuff?

Do they do good work?

Any info is appreciated thanks all

They are a good group with solid knowledge. I did not want to send my action to them every time they cut a barrel. Several shops will keep dimensions in an attempt to solve the problem, but these guys cut a tenon timing stub to make sure they get the harmonics right for future barrels. They are happy to answer questions, offer advise, send you reamer schematics, etc. Turn around time is quick, but they won't ship it unless they believe it is right.

They just shipped a couple of barrels back to me, will have them Tuesday. Took every bit of 7 business days to ream, cut, crown, thread, cerakote.

This: https://precisionrifleblog.com/2019/01/28/best-gunsmith/

I’ve had two builds (223 & 6.5 CM) done by Alamo and both are 1/4 MOA. Shot the 6.5 barrel out in a few months and rebarreled. Still .25”. As a complete newb, Robert (co-owner) guided me through the entire process patiently answering every inane question. APR treats you like a shooting buddy, not just a customer. 5 star shop.

048D9E7F-1F22-4022-B3F2-0365C0030B01.jpeg

Last edited:
I selected them to build my second custom rifle. Communication was very poor. They made things right so I won’t hold anything against them. Nobody is perfect.

Last edited:
My buddy has had one dud and one hammer from them. The dud was a 26 Nosler that they warned him about ordering. They took it bad and redid it in a 300 win mag. Hammers.

Good guns and customer service. I wouldnt blame the dud 26 Nosler on them. That thing was just too extreme. 7lb rifle, stupid thin barrel, and a rowdy ass caliber = not a great precision piece.

My buddy has had one dud and one hammer from them. The dud was a 26 Nosler that they warned him about ordering. They took it bad and redid it in a 300 win mag. Hammers.

Good guns and customer service. I wouldnt blame the dud 26 Nosler on them. That thing was just too extreme. 7lb rifle, stupid thin barrel, and a rowdy ass caliber = not a great precision piece.
And they warned him about it at that, then still turned around and turned it into a hammer for him. Dude that is taking care of business right there. Wow, I can’t say I’ve ever heard of customer support like that.

Bought a rifle from them, had some issues. Would say communication with them was mediocre at best. Would probably look elsewhere next time. YMMV.
Yeah, I am in the same boat. I guess you and I are in the minority and I'm glad to hear it, they're a Texas company and I want to see them do well. I think my less-than-positive interaction was a result of a flunkie that they had answering the phone, he just didn't get it. Once the situation was elevated to one of the decision makers they made it right.

I highly recommend them. I have been in their shop numerous times, have had numerous barrels chambered by them, and their customer service is top notch.