Almost finished, need ideas on color

pyplynr

Minuteman
Apr 4, 2010
Oklahoma
Well here is my latest build. Duracoated my stock in my rendition of Multicam last week. Got my barrel headspaced and installed last night. Where I need help is what color to coat the barreled action, bottom metal and rings and whatnot? What say the Hide?

DSCN0071.jpg

Re: Almost finished, need ideas on color

Nicely done! It looks like you've got some OD green in there. I'd try to match it up to that.

Mine is set up that way and turned out pretty good.

IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_9770.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pd721el</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you modify the forearm of the stock? </div></div>

Yes I did redo the forearm. I really like the price of the B&C, but HATE the forend. This is the 3rd one I've remolded and so far and this is my favorite shape.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dappmgmt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nicely done! It looks like you've got some OD green in there. I'd try to match it up to that.
</div></div>

That's where I'm stuck. I'm not sure if the green would work better than the brown/tan and vice versa. Is yours paint or a dip? Because that stock looks really good

In Oklahoma I would suggest a tan or brown. Pick a color that matches your AO. You could paint it with krylon to see what you like best before you break out the duracoat. It strips off real fast with brake cleaner so it's not a big deal.

I think i should send you my rifle that has an OD barreled action and you could do the same paint job to see how it looks
eek.gif

really though killer paint job! love the colors used i think a good tan pulled from the bass would look killer!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KPK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude come on! Spray it multi-cam to match!!!

</div></div>
Honestly haven't thought of going that route. Wonder if it would look funny to have the whole thing multicam except the scope. Can't bring myself to spray any of my Nightforces. It gives me the creeps just thinking about accidentally getting paint on the glass!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">black the whole thing black</div></div>

Too plain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KPK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude come on! Spray it multi-cam to match!!!

</div></div>
Honestly haven't thought of going that route. Wonder if it would look funny to have the whole thing multicam except the scope. Can't bring myself to spray any of my Nightforces. It gives me the creeps just thinking about accidentally getting paint on the glass!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">black the whole thing black</div></div>

Too plain. </div></div>

I think it looks bad ass. There's a .260 in a T5 somewhere here on the hide that is totally multicam, and looks bad ass. Leave the scope, rings, base and bottom metal black and do the barreled action multicam...problem solved!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tikka'd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">old thread just curious to see what you ended up doing and if you had any finished pictures? </div></div>

Went ahead and multicam'ed the rest
DSCN0096.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pd721el</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you modify the forearm of the stock? </div></div>

Yes I did redo the forearm. I really like the price of the B&C, but HATE the forend. This is the 3rd one I've remolded and so far and this is my favorite shape.

</div></div>

Forgive my ignorance, but what did you remold on the stock? Is it that the wide forearm was slimmed down?

Thanks.

Yes, I sanded off the parts that stick out the sides and sanded the bottom parallel with the mag well, then reshaped it with marine-tex.

Thanks. I like the price of the B&C stock as well, but I didn't like the way the sides stick out when I shot my buddy's gun. I never considered modifying it the way you did, but now I may give that a try.

The paint turned out awesome by the way, it looks really good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tikka'd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">old thread just curious to see what you ended up doing and if you had any finished pictures? </div></div>

Went ahead and multicam'ed the rest
DSCN0096.jpg
</div></div>

Little off the subject (sorry) but what bipod is that!?