• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ambidextrous safety

Yes I am looking to add one to my S&W M&P 15. There are a lot of choices out there and I'm pretty new to the AR market so not sure what to get. I don't need the best in the world but I would like reliability.

+1 on the BAD-ASS/BAD-CASS selectors/safeties. They are easily the best I have used based on the strength of their design, as well as the ability to select the lever/levers in combination that work best for you under the circumstances you'll be running your rifle and to swap them out with relative ease as circumstances warrant. I run the standard lever (left/thumb side) and the short lever (right/trigger finger side) as that combo works well for me, but BAD has around a half-dozen different levers that can be mounted in the combo of your choosing.

My favorite is the KAC because it is an ambi lever but has a "dished out" place on right selector so it does not interfere with your trigger finger if right handed. It's not cheap but it is my fav.

I have a BAD-ASS with the 45 degree throw on my GAP-10. I dont wrap my thumb around the back of the grip, instead I rest it on the safety so it is easy to switch and with in in FIRE i have a really comfortable place to put my thumb. See pics below.

I like the KAC that's cut-out. It keeps things low profile but still letting it be operated with ease even with gloves on. BAD ASS offers a good selection though.

For some it's a item for form & function and others is just aesthetics .....

My config.

DSC_0565_zpsee051eac.jpg

Last edited: