• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

AMP tips and tricks? Auto Feeder Worth it?

Andielouroo

Private Pyle
Supporter
Minuteman
May 10, 2017
Nevada
Just pulled the trigger on an AMP. Any tips or tricks? Looks pretty damn easy, but if anyone has pointers I’d appreciate it.

Also, is the auto feeder worth getting for an extra $500?

Last edited:
I have an AMP with the AMP Mate and a Dillon case feeder. Make sure you update the firmware right away. My AMP mate works great, I don't have any issues with it jamming up but you do have to spend time setting it up for each caliber.

I like my AMP mate. however like everyone else, it is finicky. sometimes it will get 100-300 pcs through it before jamming. other times it is every 5-15 pieces. maddening for sure. i find the cleaner the brass the better it runs. any little bit of grit causes the shell slider to choke. the aluminum bracket has a spring thats way too strong and any resistance against the slider accentuates the problem.

im half tempted to create slots on the floor of the device to allow dirt and debris to fall onto a catch pan under it and not sit on the slider like sand in gears.
what would solve 99% of my problems is a stronger servo to push the slider. i wonder if they will figure this out at some point.