• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

An afternoon with my accutrigger part 1.....

bkdaaa

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2009
I thought I would share this here too! I posted it on rimfirecentral also.

For a lack of better terminology, I will call this blueprinting the accutrigger. I stoned, leveled, and polished all the mating surfaces per the Accutrigger thread here: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227014, which was a great help and got me started on working my trigger. Each change I made led me to finding something else I did not like.

The trigger group

IMG_0527.jpg

Field stripped

Pull the E-clips and pins and shake, this is what you get

IMG_0500.jpg

I am going to add a few shims to take up all the loose play and line it all up

IMG_0506.jpg

I also had a spring with the bent tail that just sat in a small hole in the base plate. I don’t have any pix of that, but I did not like it. I could see it squirming around as the spring compressed. What I did was drill out and tap the hole to a 10/32 size. I then loctited a 10/32 x 3/16" stainless setscrew into my new hole and ground the bottom side flush.

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

This gave the trigger spring a nice firm foundation and still allowed standard tuning.

IMG_0505.jpg

The new parts

IMG_0506.jpg

Reassembling the trigger

1. Insert the spring in the sear, hold the sear in the trigger assy. Slip a shim on the bottom side, and align with the hole. Slip the pin in partway so you can get the other shim in. (tweezers and a jewelers screwdriver are a big help)

IMG_0507.jpg

Once aligned slide the pin the rest of the way through and put the E-clip on.

IMG_0508.jpg

Re: An afternoon with my accutrigger part 2.....

2. Next is the trigger assembly

IMG_0509.jpg

Don’t forget to put the Accutrigger spring in now. You can put it in after it is all assembled, but it is easier to do so now.

IMG_0510.jpg

As you can see, I am placing a shim on each side of the accutrigger. This keeps it from feeling really sloppy. In my opinion, this really makes a difference in the feel of the trigger.

IMG_0511.jpg

The shims are in so be careful now so you don’t drop the lil buggers. See anything missing? I forgot the Accutrigger spring! lolol No worries though I will put it in later, it is just harder and can go flying, if you wait you definitely want to use tweezers, trust me.

3. This is just a picture showing my cut down trigger spring. This is the only spring I have modified other than stretching to the lengths mentioned in the aforementioned post.

IMG_0512.jpg

And here is the trigger finished except for the accutrigger spring I forgot.

IMG_0513.jpg

4. Now being careful not to drop the shims out, slide the trigger into the trigger assy. Notice again I am placing equal shims on each side of the trigger.

IMG_0514.jpg

The trigger spring seats very nicely on its new land.

IMG_0515.jpg

Here you can see how a jewelers screwdriver is very useful in getting everything aligned.

IMG_0516.jpg

And then the pin should slip right in. Snap the E-ring on the pin and it should look like this.

IMG_0517.jpg

5. Here I am trying to show the spacing for the trigger and accutrigger, but it did not show up very well.

IMG_0518.jpg

An afternoon with my accutrigger part 3.....

6. Uh Oh, there is that pesky spring I forgot!

IMG_0519.jpg

If you did the same thing, just pull the accutrigger forward and look inside the trigger upper. You will see the land for the spring. Slide the spring in and seat the base of it. Then grab the end with your tweezers at a right angle to the spring and finagle it onto the seat on the accutrigger. Sorry I do not have any pix of this, as it was impossible without a camera operator.

7. Here is another pic of the trigger spring sitting nicely on its land. The spring tracks very well now and loads up nicely.

IMG_0520.jpg

8. And now for the most important part, the safety.

IMG_0521.jpg

The brass washer is a #6 I got at home depot. I polished it a bit, as by my measurements I was trying to get 2 in and have the safety riding on the brass. For some reason, I guess because it is stamped it was not working. By this time I was tired of working on the trigger and there was not much difference either way so I decided against the two and just went with the one. It does make a huge difference in how the safety feels. No slop, but a tiny bit of play. I do not think it will be flopping around as it was before I did this.

9. Slide the pointy thingy on the outside of the lever as shown.

IMG_0522.jpg

10. Then work it into the trigger housing. Only one of the lands goes inside.

IMG_0523.jpg

11. Slide the pin through the safety, but not the last hole in the housing.

IMG_0523.jpg

12. While letting the safety hang, ensure the end of the pin is all the way through the safety. Take the brass washer with the tweezers and set it onto the pin. Push the pin the rest of the way through the housing.

IMG_0524.jpg

And then put the E-clip on.

13. Your trigger assy should look like this.

IMG_0525.jpg

14. The last part is the safety spring. lay it on the housing as shown.

IMG_0526.jpg

I find it easiest to hook it over the top first, and then the bottom.

15. It should look like this.

IMG_0527.jpg

An afternoon with my accutrigger part 4.....

16. Here are a few pix I took trying to show the alignment, but it does not show up very well. I guess you have to exactly on plane to see it.

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

17. Now sit back with a beer and admire your work.

I did test my setup with a cheesy fish scale, and got a consistent 1lb reading. I would not bank on the actual reading, but my goal was to make the pull consistent. I cannot say enough about how well it feels now, very solid and smooth like butter. For what it’s worth, I think it was an afternoon well spent.

Doug

ps: I did not show taking it apart as that is the easy part!

Re: An afternoon with my accutrigger part 4.....

Awesome work and pictures! Work is slow now, (bike shop and it snowed yesterday!) this will make a nice project for a day next week.

Re: An afternoon with my accutrigger part 4.....

The clips and washers look alot like the small stuff I used to use in my RC racing days, haha

check out your local hobby store they look like 1/8 inch or 3mm, Dubro makes them

Jake