• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Another letter from Midway...

crowdog7

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2011
Northern Colorado
In January I ordered two 8 pound jugs of TAC from Midway, I knew they were back ordered but had no idea it would be this long. When they eventually show up, it definitely will have been worth the wait.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for your business! We're contacting you today because you have an open order for smokeless powder with us. No need to worry, your order is still active; the inventory is committed to you and will be processed and shipped as soon as possible.

As you may be aware, demand for smokeless powder is at an all-time high. Most powder production is being allocated to the production of ammunition, making availability of powder for reloading extremely scarce. Unfortunately you'll notice this reflected in the availability of powder on our website.

In addition to the scarcity of powder, the overall volume of orders for powder we do have on hand has caused us a problem in getting those orders out to you. While we have the inventory ready to go, common carriers, including UPS and FedEx, limit the amount of items classified as Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) products in their standard trailers to a maximum of 100 pounds per truck. In addition, the hubs where shipments are processed also have a maximum limitation on the amount of HAZMAT materials present in their facilities at any one time. Because our order levels far exceed the amount of smokeless powder we can get on the trucks or send through the shipping hubs each day, we are experiencing a shipping backlog. Rest assured we are continuing to ship orders at our maximum capacity; unfortunately the lead time for powder shipments continues to grow. We are now estimating that it will be 14 weeks from the time any new order is placed until it leaves our powder shipping facility. In some instances, we may be able to get the order out earlier than the estimated 14 weeks, but as we continue to take powder orders, the timeline could continue to increase.

We are extremely sorry about this delay. If you are a regular Customer, you know that we pride ourselves on excellent service. In this case we know we are not providing the type of service you have come to expect from MidwayUSA and we sincerely apologize.

Sincerely,
MidwayUSA
Customer Service

Yeah, that must be a new limit. Brunos used this limit as their excuse for doubling their price on primers. I can't see it doubling the cost, but i can see this resulting in price increases across the country for powders and primers. That 100 pound limit is a joke! I can't see how big outfits like midway will be able to keep up with demand if they can only get 100 pounds per truck...

The 100lbs/truck limit is not BS, nor is it "new"...

About 2 years ago, while placing a large Powder Valley order, I casually asked the fellow on the phone how many pounds of powder he moved per day. He said he wasn't exactly sure offhand, but he had over 10 UPS truck pickups each day, because each truck had a 100lb limit.

Well at least they keep you informed unlike some other companies.......I have waited a few weeks after I have ordered something only to call them and they tell me that they have been out of stock on those items for months. I really wish every company would have a live inventory on their online store. This is my only gripe about SWFA.