• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Another TBAC Magnus & CAT JL video

ruger35

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2019
Baton Rouge, LA
Made a quick trip to the range after dropping the heathens off at school. While breaking in the 6.5PRC decided to get some video footage of the full size Magnus on the end of the 22" barrel. Was also playing around with the 223 and got some video of the CAT JL on the Tikka Super Varmint. Sorry about the buzzing in the Magnus video, guy at the end of the line was using a barrel cooler.

I have done that previously on a 6.5CM and the same 6.5PRC. Both myself and friend thought the sound wave on the Magnus was a little shorter, and possibly ever so slightly quieter. They were extremely close in sound though. The recoil on the JL is very nice, definitely like a push straight back.

Everytime I see a solid cat review I think about buying one, then I see their marketing site and want to strangle a zoomer. Looks like solid engineering but I just can't bring myself to support that craziness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ichi and TheOE800
Everytime I see a solid cat review I think about buying one, then I see their marketing site and want to strangle zoomer. Looks like solid engineering but I just can't bring myself to support that craziness.
I admit that I bought this one sort of blind, off the recommendation from my friend. Their marketing cracks me up at times. But, their customer service has been top notch. I’ve emailed with a few questions and they respond back within a couple hours each time. They have a loyal customer in me.

Reactions: CaptArab