Rifle Scopes Anti-Cant Bubble Level

Re: Anti-Cant Bubble Level

RTH 1800

The interesting part is not what part of your action that is in level, but your scope.
The reticle and the reticle movement should be in level.
If your action is 45Degree tilted, doesent really matters at long range.

Håkan

rth1800...

It really doesn't matter if it is level with anything except the cross hair (within reason). All it does is allow you to do the same thing the same way each time.

Edit: Looks like Spuhr beat me to the punchline! I wouldn't agree on 45 deg, but eyeball level on the gun to scope would be close enough.

I used to run a foldable USO that was very tricky for me to get hold of here in Sweden, like all USO stuff. But I never kind of liked it, since my example wouldn't stay in the outer position and flexed back a millimeter or two. I don't know if that effected performance, but it didn't feel right.

But now I run Spuhr's mounts (two so far) and like the built in level very much. Easy to see with your left eye (shooting right-handed) and no need to move your head.

The level is more useful IMHO when your shooting position is less than ideal. When you are laying flat with bipod under perfect conditions I rarely use it. But when you are taking a position on uneven ground, over some obstacle and whatnot, then it is easy to cant the rifle and thus get some unexplainable misses when the distances stretch out. So for me the level is useful, and I wouldn't want to be without it.

/ Peter

A new B-Square level......
I have one around herre that the cap side deformed, so its not level. I can get it level, but if it gets bumped its off again.
I like the fixed USO levels, they aren't that obtrusive and are bulletproof.

I have a setup with Razor HD - similar to what Hellbender pictured. It works perfectly for me. One eye looks through the scope, the other one checks the bubble level.

I also had multiple issues with the B-Square units. The one not mentioned and maybe even more noteworthy is that there was excess glue covering a good portion of the level. Poor QC and generally annoying but, the point is I called CS & was told a new one would be sent out right away.

After 2 weeks went by I hadn't received it so I called again, and 3 more times after the same 2 week period!! Finally, I quit calling and washed my hands of them forever. One day some 5 or 6 months later, my new level arrived??

They have been replaced with folding USO's. 1 of the 3 I discovered wasn't true, called USO, spoke with Jeff & Becky had a new one at my door in 3 days.

For the hell of it I picked up a Vortex to check one out and it looked to be well made, solid construction but the thing that killed it for me was the dye used in the fluid was so pail that even on an overcast day it was very difficult to see the bubble, YMMV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the hell of it I picked up a Vortex to check one out and it looked to be well made, solid construction but the thing that killed it for me was the dye used in the fluid was so pail that even on an overcast day it was very difficult to see the bubble, YMMV.</div></div>
Hmm... Indeed My Mileage Varied from the above - as I could see the bubble very clearly (during the day time) under bright sun, overcast and rain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would you recommend to use to shim a b-square level that isn't perfectly level? </div></div>

either "work it" a little with a file or cut smal pieces of soda cans to use as a shim.

on one i've had to thin it out with a file, then do a caveman adjustment - once attached to the rail, bend it by hand until on level with the rifle.

the most important part of any rail mounted level is to make sure the rifle / rail combo is level first. then "calibrate" the mounted level to the leveled rifle.

if it's a scope mounted level, make sure the crosshairs are leveled while the rifle is level. then "calibrate" the ACD to the the leveled scope / rifle.

not making sure the rifle and optic is leveled first defeats the purpose of having an ACD

rifle is level...
22mkiifRIFLELEVELJPG.jpg

crosshairs leveled (using a plumb line drawn on a paper with a level)...
22mkiifBORESITEREDJPG.jpg

without moving the rifle, adjust ACD (scope or rail mounted) until it too is level.
MKIIF056.jpg

"el cheapo" ACD i made using an extra scope ring and a $1.49 level at walmart.
MKIIF055.jpg

PAX- How much are they asking for the level?
I am in th market for a Anti Cant level. I know there are several out there, and its getting hard to make up my mind.
Has anyone heard of this one (http://www.hollandguns.com/) I read a few reviews about how BRIGHT the liquid is in the tube, but I have never heard of this company.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read an interesting review on one made by flatline ops. They dont have a website yet, but if you email the guy he will get you a pdf with his products and pricing. It was a little pricey, but they look nice.

Here is the article:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/flatline-ops-accu-level-scope-level-review-1.php </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also had multiple issues with the B-Square units. The one not mentioned and maybe even more noteworthy is that there was excess glue covering a good portion of the level. Poor QC and generally annoying but, the point is I called CS & was told a new one would be sent out right away.

After 2 weeks went by I hadn't received it so I called again, and 3 more times after the same 2 week period!! Finally, I quit calling and washed my hands of them forever. One day some 5 or 6 months later, my new level arrived??

They have been replaced with folding USO's. 1 of the 3 I discovered wasn't true, called USO, spoke with Jeff & Becky had a new one at my door in 3 days.

</div></div>

I had to glue my BSquare in. After never getting it level it took over keeping ht ebottom of the trash can level.

USO's are the way to go. I prefer the fixed, they really aren't obtrusive enough to have to fold away IMHO.

PAX- disregard the last post..

HOLY SH*T!!! Here are the prices from Flatline OPS-

1" Scope Level- $129
30mm Scope Level- $139
34mm Scope Level- $169
Strong Arm ADI Mounting System $58
Angle Degree Indicator- $109
Picatinny Rail Mount- $84

It seems to me that if you want a bubble with an ADI, your looking at about $300?

That seems a little to rich for my blood. Anyone buy from this company yet? If so, how do you like the product?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read an interesting review on one made by flatline ops. They dont have a website yet, but if you email the guy he will get you a pdf with his products and pricing. It was a little pricey, but they look nice.

Here is the article:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/flatline-ops-accu-level-scope-level-review-1.php </div></div>

MJB2- Im leaning more towards the Holland version. When you get it, let us know how you like/ dislike it..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjb2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Darrell Holland has been around a while and his products are good to go. Just ordered one of his ring style levels and expect to order at least one more. Nice price as well. </div></div>

there stuff is amazing. beautiful parts, the money seems a thing of the past when you get the product... i saw they finally launched their site today. flatlineops.com and Jim S just released a product review on the level... pretty good review, you tell me... cheers