Any Armalite AR-50 owner here?

kwelhand

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2018
Georgia
Just purchased an Armalite AR-50 but there isn't a ton of info out there (expected).
Any current AR-50 owner here ?
What accessories do you recommend and any tips to share?

Thanks in advance.

Since I don’t shoot mine much, I just tossed a fixed power swfa on it in an ADM qd mount. It’s worked well for years now. I have the older version APA bipod and it works great. I’m sure v2.0 is even better.

Thanks for your reply.
Yeah, I contacted APA but still haven't heard back from them.
Planning to order some stuff since it looks like they're the only one in AR-50 game at the moment.

Yes! I was just thinking about getting one of those fixed 10X Japanese SAFA scope.
They're still going for $200 used and 50BMG rated so it might work out great.

Not sure what's the huge difference between 2.0 and an older version but I might have to take a good look at them.

Since I don’t shoot mine much, I just tossed a fixed power swfa on it in an ADM qd mount. It’s worked well for years now. I have the older version APA bipod and it works great. I’m sure v2.0 is even better.

Just purchased an Armalite AR-50 but there isn't a ton of info out there (expected).
Any current AR-50 owner here ?
What accessories do you recommend and any tips to share?

Thanks in advance.

I used mine in competitions but still shoot it frequently. Big APA fanboy with bipod w/extended lock lever, monopod and carry handle. I have been using a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 in an Ivey adjustable base with great results. There is a wealth of information for 50's here https://www.1moa.org/ If you have any specific questions I will try to answer them. Have fun and be safe.

2Cgb8jp - Imgur.jpg
RW9skBq - Imgur.jpg
lgbTKKD - Imgur.jpg

Holy cow... that's an absolute monster!
It's even the unicorn NM version of AR-50! wow~ just wow!
Love the APA bipod w/extended lock lever, monopod and carry handle!
That's the exact setup I'm trying to acquire... what accuracy did you achieve with your NM model?

I used mine in competitions but still shoot it frequently. Big APA fanboy with bipod w/extended lock lever, monopod and carry handle. I have been using a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 in an Ivey adjustable base with great results. There is a wealth of information for 50's here https://www.1moa.org/ If you have any specific questions I will try to answer them. Have fun and be safe.

View attachment 7298139View attachment 7298140View attachment 7298141

It is not a National Match, it is actually an older( 5 digit serial#) model made before the A1 NM came out. It was rebarrelled before I bought it with a 33" fluted Pac-Nor barrel that resembles the NM. With my hand loads I can shoot sub MOA , I have never shot 1/2 MOA but still manage to place well in a couple of matches.

Reactions: kwelhand
Oh I see... their barrel and installation service seems very good.
I might give it a try sometime...
Love the monster barrel and wish I could shoot as good as you did. ?

It is not a National Match, it is actually an older( 5 digit serial#) model made before the A1 NM came out. It was rebarrelled before I bought it with a 33" fluted Pac-Nor barrel that resembles the NM. With my hand loads I can shoot sub MOA , I have never shot 1/2 MOA but still manage to place well in a couple of matches.