• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Any long ranges in WV

Re: Any long ranges in WV

Yes, sir! I haven't been there in a while b/c I am shooting mostly on private property these days, but the White Horse range in Peeltree is a great place for out to 600yds. They have 1k available, but because you have to shoot over the pistol ranges and other shooting positions, it is highly restricted on available times. EXTREMELY early on Sat. mornings used to be the only time you could get on and even then, it was hit and miss (pun intended)!
wink.gif

Head due East on Rt. 50 and you'll damn near run right into it. See here for more details/info:

http://whitehorse.thomassmith.us/

We have a beautiful 1,000 yard range. With lots of good competitive shoots, and shooters. However it is in Fairmont. Which is probably a bit too far for you to drive. If you ever want to come up to one of the Saturday competitions, PM me. I will give you a web address for our range. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGGHEAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a beautiful 1,000 yard range. With lots of good competitive shoots, and shooters. However it is in Fairmont. Which is probably a bit too far for you to drive. If you ever want to come up to one of the Saturday competitions, PM me. I will give you a web address for our range. Tom. </div></div>

You referring to the one in Fairview?

I want to get up there but wasn't able to get the info from Joe C before he closed.

Is this range available on a membership basis, or only when there is a match going on?

I'm not good enough to go to a match, but, would like to go to an actual range