• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Any news from SHOT Show on 1-6 or 1-8's for 3Gun?

Re: Any news from SHOT Show on 1-6 or 1-8's for 3Gun?

Its not an optic but the new 3 gun mono upper/rail system from Seekins is pretty cool. In case you haven't seen it.

Seekins Precision’s iRMT (Integrated rail mounting technology) Uppers and
ACRT (Adaptive Combat\Competition Rail Technology) Rails
6519462655_3f763c0f99.jpg

6519462007_5a200cdf66_z.jpg
6519461933_b22140e8f3_z.jpg

shooting20-2.jpg

The SP^3R
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The triangular rail was designed out of necessity from shooting 3 gun and sniper competitions where barricade or improvised shooting positions are frequent. At only 2” wide it fits perfectly into your hand and instantly feels at home. On a barricade, barrel, ledge or window opening the flat surfaces give you a very sturdy rest allowing for faster and more accurate shot placement.

Available in 12” and 14” lengths MSRP starting at $249</div></div>

SEEKINS iRMT LINK

Supposed to be available for shipping after SHOT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sasquatch98226</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious if anyone has heard anything about any new varibles that will be the next must have optic for 3-gunners?</div></div>

Might not be new, but USO 1-8, Leupold 1-6, Bushnell 1-6.5.

Seekins is a match sponsor at the NW Multi-gun Match this year. I have heard they are providing a stage/prop gun, and then raffling it off at the end of the match. Maybe it will be there? I'm looking forward to the match.

SQUATCH, here you go...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockandRoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So today we got some exclusive interview time with the director of their tactical division; who gave us a two video reviews, one of the Mk8 3.5-25 and <span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">the two Mk6 pieces, the 3-18 and the <span style="text-decoration: underline">1-6.</span> </span>

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Guys, imagine the same optical quality and bright illumination and knobs of the $4K Mk8 CQBSS - but for $1500. I'm willing to bet a week's pay that this will be a game-changer for 3-gun.</span>

Stay tuned for the HD video interviews of our SHOT show coverage here.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockandRoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Wait till you guys see the Mk6 1-6, it's a game changer as well and i'll have one on my 3-gun rig (Clark Gator) as soon as they send me one.</span> </div></div>

DSC_4658.jpg

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">LEUPOLD SNEAK PEAK FROM SHOT THREAD <--LINK</span>

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">3.5-25 TEASER</span>
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AOVUojKdgw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AOVUojKdgw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">3-18</span>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X0zDutegXOI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X0zDutegXOI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Haven't seen the 1-6 yet.

Here are a few from ccoker, I think he just forgot to post them in here or link to them
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_46V58bOTMU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_46V58bOTMU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is going to be a hot scope!
I want one!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lls1kRSVrsg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lls1kRSVrsg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Here is a really good review with awesome through scope pics from Jon Aadland for the SS 1-6x. Looks like a damn good scope for what you want.

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="color: #CC0000">SWFA's 1-6</span></span> <-- Link

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured some of you might like some pics. Here you go:

PICT0459.JPG

It's the same overall length as the 1-4. Notable differences are the eyepiece is slightly longer and the turret housing is larger and farther forward.

PICT0473.JPG

It is a couple ounces heavier but not too bad at 22 oz.

The covered turrets cover "real exposed" turrets so there's no need to keep them covered if you don't want too:

PICT0465.JPG

PICT0468.JPG

So if you want exposed turrets, just toss the covers, if you want them covered keep them covered. There's about 40 Mils of total elevation so it should reach as far as anything you'd put a 6X scope on without a sloped mount.

Now to the reticles. These came with two prototype reticles to see what works and what doesn't, neither of which is exactly what the production scope will have. But you can get a good idea of their capability:

T-Post:

PICT0365.JPG

PICT0372.JPG

PICT0368.JPG

PICT0379.JPG

Circle:

PICT0336.JPG

PICT0344.JPG
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
PICT0355.JPG

PICT0351.JPG

Here's a couple 10yd comparisons:

PICT0385.JPG

PICT0386.JPG

PICT0396.JPG

PICT0398.JPG

For the sake of comparison, here's what a Leupold CQ/T 1-3X circle dot looks on the same target:

PICT0391.JPG

PICT0393.JPG

Here are some pics from the range. The day I took all these pics was really dark, gloomy and rainy so all the pics look like crap--please realize that was due to the light conditions, not the optical quality of the scopes:

Post at 100:

PICT0427.JPG

PICT0434.JPG
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">at 300:

PICT0441.JPG

PICT0436.JPG

Those targets at 300 are 8" grey bulls with 2" white centers.

Circle:

PICT0401.JPG

PICT0407.JPG

PICT0406.JPG

PICT0415.JPG

PICT0414.JPG

For comparison, here are pics from the 1-4HD SS and the 1-3 CQ/T at 300:

PICT0426.JPG

PICT0423.JPG

Again I apologize for the lousy pics, all the scopes looked much better than that in real life.

In actual use, at 300 yds I found there was naturally a pretty big difference between the 1-3 CQ/T and the 1-4 SS, bigger than I would have thought. But there is yet another really big step up from the 1-4 to the 1-6's. That's enough more magnification to make a real difference in how easy it is to use. I haven't had them beyond 300 yet, but with that much difference at 300 there's no doubt the 1-6X is a much better tool for longer distances.

Optics-wise, the 1-6X24HD's are very good. At 1X they almost as good as the 1-4X as far as eye placement, "looking through an empty tube effect," etc. Though I didn't have them handy for a side by side from memory I'd say they're as good as the 1-4 S&B shortdot and better than the 1-4 NF I used to have in that respect, but the 1-4 SS does hold a slight edge.

I didn't have any other 1-6's to compare optics on 6X, but when set to 4X and compared with the 1-4 SS the glass is definitely better in the 1-6X at that power and everybody knows how good the 1-4HD's glass is. I'll have to wait until I get my hands on some other 1-6X's to see how they compare there.
</div></div>

I didn't get by to see the USO 1-8 but did play with the Premier 1-8. Pretty effin cool scope. I'm not a 3Gunner so I can not say to it's use for that but if weight and size are an issue it may be getting a bit large for the 3 gunners. It used a 34mm tube and was every bit as robust as their other scopes so it's a hoss, it has mil/mil turrets as well. Of course I didn't see it in daylight but the lit reticle did seem to be good2go for heads up close quarters use and the mildot reticle was nice for long distance at the higher power though I must say it is an open circle/donut mil type reticle which I don't really care for.

http://www.premierreticles.com/pdfs/2010-V81-8x.pdf

It sounds like someone needs to do a comparison review on all of these 1-(n)scopes. There are a lot of unanswered questions, a comprehensive side by side review would be really useful to anyone planning to drop between $1.4k - $4k on one of these scopes.

I much prefer IOR's new reticle as it can be used for different calibers and different loads.

IOR Reticle at 1x:
1x.jpg

IOR Reticle at 5x:
5x.jpg

It works just fine if you make the graduations 1 mil, instead of 0.5 mil like they are on the sniper scopes. That is what that BDC reticle is graduated in on the verticle crosshair, so why would it be any more usable?

Note that the dot is on the second focal plane so that it is still visible at 1x.

1x with illumination:
1xill.jpg

My only complaint about that reticle is that we are used to the small hashes being 0.5 mil and they are 1 mil here. That could cause errors. Coarser graduations are needed in these lower power scopes, but I would change the way they look to avoid possible confusion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I much prefer IOR's new reticle as it can be used for different calibers and different loads.

It works just fine if you make the graduations 1 mil, instead of 0.5 mil like they are on the sniper scopes. That is what that BDC reticle is graduated in on the verticle crosshair, so why would it be any more usable?

Note that the dot is on the second focal plane so that it is still visible at 1x.

My only complaint about that reticle is that we are used to the small hashes being 0.5 mil and they are 1 mil here. That could cause errors. Coarser graduations are needed in these lower power scopes, but I would change the way they look to avoid possible confusion. </div></div>

But the red dot on the IOR is not Aimpoint bright and gets washed out in bright sunlight. I thought Leupold were offering a non caliber specific TMR reticle for their Mk 6 1-6?

Mark 6
Mark 6 1-6x20mm (34mm) 7.62 M6C1, Matte, Illum. Front Focal CMR-W, $1,949.95
Mark 6 1-6x20mm (34mm) 5.56 M6C1, Matte, Illum. Front Focal CMR-W, $1,949.95
<span style="font-weight: bold">Mark 6 1-6x20mm (34mm) M6C1, Matte, lllum. Front Focal TMR, $1,949.95</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My only complaint about that reticle is that we are used to the small hashes being 0.5 mil and they are 1 mil here. That could cause errors. Coarser graduations are needed in these lower power scopes, but I would change the way they look to avoid possible confusion. </div></div>

That's disappointing. Mil increments should be the same size. I am also used to small hashes being half mil. I could see making that mistake.

The second focal plane red dot looks nice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I much prefer IOR's new reticle as it can be used for different calibers and different loads.

But the red dot on the IOR is not Aimpoint bright and gets washed out in bright sunlight. I thought Leupold were offering a non caliber specific TMR reticle for their Mk 6 1-6?

Mark 6
<span style="font-weight: bold">Mark 6 1-6x20mm (34mm) M6C1, Matte, lllum. Front Focal TMR, $1,949.95</span> </div></div>

The brightness issue is easier to fix than adding the holdover features, which (I have heard) the TMR in this still doesn't have. I was just showing it as an example anyway, to show that a mil-based reticle with holdover features can be made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I much prefer IOR's new reticle as it can be used for different calibers and different loads.

Mark 6
<span style="font-weight: bold">Mark 6 1-6x20mm (34mm) M6C1, Matte, lllum. Front Focal TMR, $1,949.95</span> </div></div>

The brightness issue is easier to fix than adding the holdover features, which (I have heard) the TMR in this still doesn't have. I was just showing it as an example anyway, to show that a mil-based reticle with holdover features can be made. </div></div>

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. According to the specs Leupold is offering the Mk 6 1-6 with TMR reticle and with an Aimpoint bright reticle. Is the TMR on this somehow different to normal? Thanks.

It has a few extra features (for ranging, I believe), but it is not "Christmas tree" style like the IOR. Personally, I prefer some kind of dot when I'm using it at 1x magnification for CQB use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has a few extra features (for ranging, I believe), but it is not "Christmas tree" style like the IOR. </div></div>

I like IOR glass, but their new 1-10 is very heavy and while they seem to have nailed the dual reticle system the illumination is going to be harder to fix from what I hear. If they could lose about 10 ounces of weight (no small task I know) they'd have something. But as it stands, dare I say it, because I have been very critical of Leupold over the last little while, and am now eating humble pie, I think the Mark 6 1-6 with its feature set is going to sweep the board. The price point is right, its compact, light weight, and has a good power range suited for a DMR/OBR type rifle. The 1-8s might be feats of engineering but the pricing is off the planet - I think the makers of these will ultimately have a hard time selling these even into the Military/LEO market, especially now with the Mark 6 offering on the table.