Rifle Scopes What is your favorite rifle scope?

Yeah. That's really where I'm at, either accept that it's probably the best scope for $2500 and use it for what it is or just get a ZCO420. Although, at the $2500 price point you'd think you'd atleast get a modern scope.

I'll have to revisit the ZP5 3-15. I'm really not sure how to compare durability across optics.

Yeah. That's really where I'm at, either accept that it's probably the best scope for $2500 and use it for what it is or just get a ZCO420. Although, at the $2500 price point you'd think you'd atleast get a modern scope.

I'll have to revisit the ZP5 3-15. I'm really not sure how to compare durability across optics.
I’ll just add that if you are unsure how to compare durability, then in that price range virtually every scope will meet your durability needs.

I’ve had $350 leupold scopes fall off vehicles, bounce off rocks, and still hold zero.

I’ll just add that if you are unsure how to compare durability, then in that price range virtually every scope will meet your durability needs.

I’ve had $350 leupold scopes fall off vehicles, bounce off rocks, and still hold zero.
We're all hard on our stuff. That's not what I mean. I can tell you about the durability of all the scopes I own. But that's not the info I'm after.

I have been using MK5HD’s in 5x25 with the PR2 for a while. They work and I can afford them. I also own a VX5HD in 3x15 with a Bonne and Crocket reticle on my .25-06. Really nice hunting scope. Normally set it at 5-6x for a nice filed of view. Good light transmission. Nice to know I have 15x if I was needing to check out a distant animal.

I’m sure there are better, but these work for me and I can’t complain.

Reactions: stanley_white
Modern: MarchFX Tactical 1.5-15x42 with the FML-4 reticle

All time: Hertel & Reuss 1-10 x 60 on my Mauser 66. Claw mount on it is set so that the zero is very close on any of the three barrels, .270win, .308win or .243win. I mostly use it with the .243

As for why? the low light performance and uncluttered reticle, combined with its overall light weight make it a shockingly good hunting optic for its day, even having an adjustable parallax down to a minimum of 20m (though it is capped)

pic of the optic on the lower barrel (upper barrel is a west german zeiss 1-10), and then for the curious a view of the internals of the 66, the telescoping bolt and overall light weight from using a barrel extension instead of the receiver made it pretty space age for 1965 when it was designed! Mine as far as I can find out has a manufacture date of late 1969

IMG_5680.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg