• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Any one got the new Les baer ar-10 308

Re: Any one got the new Les baer ar-10 308

I have said this before, but while those rifles look promising based on just the details on their site, there is no information provided as to what aftermarket parts/accessories this platform will be compatible with. The lower is a DPMS/KAC pattern, and is supplied with the LR20 PMAGs, but that's about it. They seem like they'd be fine for "target" rifles, but aside from that, they will have a limited "useful" role based on the fact the rifle is equipped with a heavy-profile 24", non-threaded barrel, a standard fiberglass float tube with no provision for mounting of rails as attachment points for bipods, NVDs, etc. Furthermore, $3k for a rifle with a basic A2 stock in that configuration is a little steep IMO. People will buy them based SOLELY on the 1/2MOA guarantee, but until I get some details from Les Baer as to the process and ammo used for their testing, or until someone can get one in their hands and put it through its paces (and I don't mean a gun rag like G&A)...it's just another meaningless sales tactic as far as I'm concerned.

Now, I won't doubt the quality of the LB AR-15 rifles...I have shot them and they are highly capable rifles. I am hoping that their new .308 offering will live up to its little brother's name/reputation, but despite the level of accuracy, the platform still has some shortcomings in terms of the features offered for its $3k pricetag.

A buddy of mine received his about two weeks ago. The test target that came with the rifle was quite impressive. It had two 5 shot groups using fgmm 175 and both groups were less than .25 moa. That being said, I have not shot it yet. He has offered it to me but I have not had the time. The bipod comes attached from the factory. When I get to the range I will post a report.

I have owned over 15 Baer products. Every one of them shot better than stated. I have no doubt that the .308 will as well. You either can/will pay the price or cannot/will not. That is up to the buyer of course, but do not doubt the accuracy. I do not really care for the features offered either. I will not be getting one. And Baer is not willing to thread barrels or fit suppressor adaptors. I have tried many times to get them to do so. Despite the name, there is very little "custom" about LBC. Nice guns.