• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Any tips for 16yr old who dreams of being scout sniper?

Stay in school
Don’t do drugs
Don’t get in trouble with the law
Pay attention in math
Join military
Work towards your goal.

I’ve never been in the military but you obtaining your goal of being a scout sniper will be based on many other things besides your shooting ability.

They will teach you all of that and how they want it done. Focus on being a model citizen and student will do wonders for you.

I have 6 brothers in military, but I am nervous about all the requirements for scout sniper school. I want to do everything I can to improve my chances of making it.

Reactions: TheMammoth
Both the 25-06 and the 270 have the 30-06 as the parent case.

Both have poor bullet selection

Both will perform very similar to each other when using a heavy for caliber bullet.

The. 270, having heavier bullets available will be better in wind and on energy.

I have 6 brothers in military, but I am nervous about all the requirements for scout sniper school. I want to do everything I can to improve my chances of making it.

If you listen to one of the latest everyday sniper podcasts, Frank interviews some folks from the Scout Sniper Association. I’d be willing to bet there’s someone involved there who would give you great advice if you could get hold of them. Sounds like they do shoots, would be cool for you to go interact?

God bless your giant family serving, good for you for having an admirable dream. Keep us posted on your progress. :)

I don’t have money to buy another rifle, so the 270 and 25-06 are the only high powered rifles I have, except for a lever action 30-30. So I was just wondering Which one was the best to practice with.

If you want it bad enough not to quit you will be a Scout Sniper. That may not sound very profound to you, but that is what it takes to become an elite warrior, and that is what they’re looking for (men who will never quit, and who will see “it” done).

Stay in good shape and keep your nose clean till you can enlist, and go into MEPS with a plan. Don’t accept bullshit they give you if it won’t help you reach your goals. Be ready to walk out if they say there’s no space in what you want. There will be tomorrow, and they bully people into shit. So have it in your mind you’re ready to walk away if they start bullshitting you. They don’t give a fuck about you. They just care about their evals.

Definitely do what The Mamouth says and hook up with the ASSN. That’s who you should be talking to.

Reactions: Bender and Blutroop
I won’t be able to talk to that guy y’all are talking about, because my parents don’t approve of our joining the military, so as long as I am under 18 and living at their house I have to live by their rules. But I want to be prepared as much as possible so that when I can join I have a good chance of making it.

My six brothers before tried everything with them, but they don’t like the military ( say there are to many bad influences) so anything to do with it they are against. We deer hunt so we are able to shoot, but not anything to do with military.

My son finished 6 years in the Army a year or so ago, he got selected for his units sniper section and got through Army Sniper training in Ft Benning (yea I know scout sniper is USMC). Here is what I saw my son experience, first my impression is less ink (tattoos) is a good thing, be in good shape for USMC Boot Camp, push ups-pull ups-sit ups-3 mile runs etc. I think scout snipers get trained to call in artillery and maybe air, pay attention to math basic trig, it might make some schooling a little easier. Understanding drops and wind effects on bullet flight will help get you up to speed on what you have to learn. I don't know if USMC sends you straight to Scout Snipper school so you may have to try out for it from your infantry unit, my suggestion get the GOUGE on how they do it currently. Fitness - Fitness - Fitness - Squared Away - Squared Away - Squared Away. I have 4 270's different configurations, try Federal Fusion 150 ammo (not to pricey) generally accurate in my rifles and maybe an inexpensive MIL dial up scope (Vortex Diamonback Tactical). Good Luck !!!!

My son finished 6 years in the Army a year or so ago, he got selected for his units sniper section and got through Army Sniper training in Ft Benning (yea I know scout sniper is USMC). Here is what I saw my son experience, first my impression is less ink (tattoos) is a good thing, be in good shape for USMC Boot Camp, push ups-pull ups-sit ups-3 mile runs etc. I think scout snipers get trained to call in artillery and maybe air, pay attention to math basic trig, it might make some schooling a little easier. Understanding drops and wind effects on bullet flight will help get you up to speed on what you have to learn. I don't know if USMC sends you straight to Scout Snipper school so you may have to try out for it from your infantry unit, my suggestion get the GOUGE on how they do it currently. Fitness - Fitness - Fitness - Squared Away - Squared Away - Squared Away. I have 4 270's different configurations, try Federal Fusion 150 ammo (not to pricey) generally accurate in my rifles and maybe an inexpensive MIL dial up scope (Vortex Diamonback Tactical). Good Luck !!!!
Thank you. You have to be a lance corporal before you can apply for scout sniper school. Which my older brother who has been in the USMC for two years just got. So you pretty much have to be in for two or more years to apply for the school. I will also try out that ammo.

Reactions: VP47PPC
My six brothers before tried everything with them, but they don’t like the military ( say there are to many bad influences) so anything to do with it they are against. We deer hunt so we are able to shoot, but not anything to do with military.

Local youth shooting programs are not military connected - you might be interested in the Olympics.

Sounds like good Devout Christian Parents, Yea in the service there are those that drink, womanize etc but if you have your head on right and are motivated to do more than sluff through you can do it. In fact in the services the smarter, fitter and more squared away you get the prime slots. Worked for me worked for my son. PT? you should know where you stand in that arena, are you fit, athletic, fight through discomfort then you are good to go.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
What do you mean?
There is life after hunting men for a living, when your young, but what kind of life is that? My son wanted to do what I did in the Army an he an I almost went to blows before I convinced him he was not going to do that. You have to live with what you do/did all your life ever how long it is. I was not going to allow that to happen to him. Being out an about is not all it's cracked up to be, trust me. No matter how many storys you hear or movies you watch, it's not real until real bullets are flying at you an your support just went tits up. Think long an hard about what you want to do, don't base/bet your life on what you perceive as glory, because there is no glory in hunting armed men.

There is life after hunting men for a living, when your young, but what kind of life is that? My son wanted to do what I did in the Army an he an I almost went to blows before I convinced him he was not going to do that. You have to live with what you do/did all your life ever how long it is. I was not going to allow that to happen to him. Being out an about is not all it's cracked up to be, trust me. No matter how many storys you hear or movies you watch, it's not real until real bullets are flying at you an your support just went tits up. Think long an hard about what you want to do, don't base/bet your life on what you perceive as glory, because there is no glory in hunting armed men.
I don’t want to be scout sniper because of glory, the reason that I want to join military is to, one serve my country, two because i think that every male over age 18 who phisicaly able should have to join for at least two years, just like other country’s, because if everyone has military experience the country is almost impossible to subdue, because if everyone knows how to fight then even if you overcome the military, you have to kill pretty much the entire population as well. And sniping is something that I have loved for a long time, so that is what I want to do, and since scout snipers are the best, I want to go to that school.

The flip side is your job is overwatch, take out A H that want to kill your buddies. Not glory, a precision skill to help keep dangerous actors further away from your guys.
That is also true. Snipers are a vital part of any military. You can almost do more damage with one good sniper,then a whole platoon of boots.

i wasnt a sniper. line infantryman in the 82nd airborne.

best thing i can tell you.... dont listen to anyone who tries to discourage you. your parents have earned the right to speak their peace...but in the end it is your life and you have to live it your way. right, wrong, or otherwise. and YOU will have to live with the regrets of never having gone for your dream if you dont. and you will have to live with everything that you may or may not do. it is your life, live it how you choose.

i tell my sons....three things that will end your future real fast. drinking/drugs. not finishing school. chasing girls too soon (knock one up, or getting involved with a girl too early has prevented many a man from pursuing the future he wanted). avoid the booze/drugs, work hard in school, and avoid getting involved with women (you have the rest of your life for that). hell, i never even dated while i was in...i was too focused on being the best trooper i could be. and that was a damn smart thing. and when shit gets hard, it’s one foot in front of the other.

regarding your rifles....either will do for shooting. But i will tell you....they are going to teach you everything. And i mean EVERYTHING. Sometimes, the less you “know”, the better off you are. You think you know how to pee? You dont. They will teach you how they want you to. The Same with shooting. LISTEN to what you are taught. Check your ego at the door and be the best student you can be, absorb everything they teach you. in what little off time you have, practice what you’ve been taught until you can do it without thinking. Others will be running out to eat, drink, chase women, act the fool.....be the guy who is training in your off time. It pays off.

as far as pt....run, run, run. pushups, situps, pull ups. flutter kicks like a mofo. repeat. dont play with weights....muscle mass is a liability. you want endurance strength. training wise...one day at a time. dont think about tomorrow or the day after that. and as was said....NEVER quit. be that guy that they’d have to kill to stop.

in dealing with people you are going to run into....when you first meet someone, and they want to be your buddy right out of the gate.....beware. those are the ones that will fuck you in a heartbeat. the guys that stand back and watch you for a while, the ones that run you into the ground before they accept you...THOSE are the ones who will be with you through thick and thin.

good luck with the path you choose.

Last edited:
Check your ego at the door and be the best student you can be, absorb everything they teach you. in what little off time you have, practice what you’ve been taught until you can do it without thinking. Others will be running out to eat, drink, chase women, act the fool.....be the guy who is training in your off time. It pays off.

as far as pt....run, run, run. pushups, situps, pull ups. flutter kicks like a mofo. repeat. dont play with weights....muscle mass is a liability. you want endurance strength. training wise...one day at a time. dont think about tomorrow or the day after that. and as was said....NEVER quit. be that guy that they’d have to kill to stop.

myronman3 Has great advice This right here was the attitude that helped me do well in Navy Flight Training and the rest of my flying career.

My advice, make good grades and play a physically demanding sport in high school and then go to college and join ROTC. Be an officer. Do your 3 years and if you love it stay in; if not get out and go to grad school.
If you go infantry, you can be a platoon leader and shoot all the crap you want. Either way, your future will be secure.

Honestly the best year of my life was being a platoon leader in Korea. No families to deal with, the whole country is a training area, boatloads of ammo to shoot, and lots of good PT. I still talk often to my fellow platoon leaders from there 28 years later.

Also if you are a good PL you can probably get the scout platoon as a second slot and run all the scout snipers.

My older brother is actually planning on applying to that later this year. But personally I don’t want to be in charge of people, I would rather be doing the actual work.

Be smart. By that I mean, never give anyone an excuse to confuse you with a dummy. Grades are important. Also on your ASVAB scores.

Run and run a lot. Go on rucks with a weighted load. If you have hills where you live, do hill sprints. Dont worry about shooting getting you in. They'll teach you that. The things that cull most candidates isnt even shooting related.

Outside of the obvious to practice precision shooting hope to have a good recruiter. Don't sign shit until you're done with high school. Study for the ASVAB. Don't skip leg day. The best roles (imo) in the military mostly go to those with the highest combined brains and brawn. The merit system is not derived based on supply and demand rewards like in the civilian world, you cannot fix anything with an apology like in the civilian world. If you want to become the strongest version of yourself and lead others to do the same then the military will help you, if you want the clout and adrenalin rush I think you'll find a poor return on your time invested. Military service is a proportionally thankless career for what is requested of you. The important thing is that you do what YOU want to do, screw what everyone else has to say about it, even your parents.

Reactions: Bender
Being in charge is cool. Nothing more ego satisfying than an awesome live fire that you planned out and executed where you hammer the living snot out of something.

Have the pigs singing as they are throwing down tracers 20 yards in front of you from 400 yards out, blow the bangelors and have dirt clods rain down on you, send the breach squad in through the gap and setup a base of fire, push the rest of the squads through and leap frog by the breach element and then fire and maneuver over the obj as the support position shifts fire just ahead of you. Put demo in the bunkers and pull off as you blow the bastards sky high. Cruise back to the objective rally point, open and chug that can of warm Diet Coke you saved all week and put another dip of Copenhagen in!

But to each his own! :)

Assuming you get selected for scout sniper training, the one thing you need to always remember... YOU ARE PART OF A TEAM. The team comes before yourself. You want to be the person on either side of you can count on to pick them up. Nobody wants a one man band. They want a team member.

Being in charge is cool. Nothing more ego satisfying than an awesome live fire that you planned out and executed where you hammer the living snot out of something.

Have the pigs singing as they are throwing down tracers 20 yards in front of you from 400 yards out, blow the bangelors and have dirt clods rain down on you, send the breach squad in through the gap and setup a base of fire, push the rest of the squads through and leap frog by the breach element and then fire and maneuver over the obj as the support position shifts fire just ahead of you. Put demo in the bunkers and pull off as you blow the bastards sky high. Cruise back to the objective rally point, open and chug that can of warm Diet Coke you saved all week and put another dip of Copenhagen in!

But to each his own! :)
Now that sounds fun!

Hi,

Let me ask you a question or two but coming from another angle for you.

1. What do you plan to do once you are out of the Military?
2. You do realize there are very few vocations that will utilize the direct skill set you are talking about?
2B. Most of those will require you to get out of the Military well before your retirement age.

Contrary to popular belief you are not going to just jump right onto a SWAT Team or shit like that.

Also not really grasping as to how your parents are against Military but yet you have 6 brothers serving....

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Reactions: camotoe
Hi,

Let me ask you a question or two but coming from another angle for you.

1. What do you plan to do once you are out of the Military?
2. You do realize there are very few vocations that will utilize the direct skill set you are talking about?
2B. Most of those will require you to get out of the Military well before your retirement age.

Contrary to popular belief you are not going to just jump right onto a SWAT Team or shit like that.

Also not really grasping as to how your parents are against Military but yet you have 6 brothers serving....

Sincerely,
Theis
So I want to go into either lawyering or the FBI.
For me it isn’t about using the military to help me get somewhere in life, it is about serving my country one, and also getting the disciplines thought in the military.
And as for my family, well my parents, as I said, are against the military because of the bad influences there, but I have two uncles and a grandpa who were all in the military, on top of that my older brothers didn’t like life at home so joining the military was the easiest way out, and after my oldest brother joined all the others have followed suit.

So I want to go into either lawyering or the FBI.
For me it isn’t about using the military to help me get somewhere in life, it is about serving my country one, and also getting the disciplines thought in the military.
And as for my family, well my parents, as I said, are against the military because of the bad influences there, but I have two uncles and a grandpa who were all in the military, on top of that my older brothers didn’t like life at home so joining the military was the easiest way out, and after my oldest brother joined all the others have followed suit.
Keep out of trouble, get good grades, dont do drugs, dont knock some girl up, and PT your ass off. Dont worry about trying to learn to shoot as you may start to develop bad habits. Enlisting is a great idea. Not everyone is ready for college right after high school adn this will aid in getting your head on straight and focusing on whats important. Plus you will get a ton of college money and being a veteran will help immensely with getting jobs after college especially if you want to be a Special Agent.
One last thing, stay out of trouble in the military. One fuckup can ruin your life and at the very least put a black mark on your permanent record that will follow you forever.

Reactions: j-huskey
You can't get into the FBI without a bachelor's degree from an accredited 4 year college. Make sure you have a plan for doing University. If you really want to be in the FBI, the best thing to do is either become a software engineer, lawyer, or an accountant. But less than 2% of the people who apply are ever hired, so you better really want to be a software engineer or lawyer for the rest of your life, because there's a 98% chance that's what you're going to wind up doing.

As far as the military goes: Think about your circle of friends and decide who the real dumbasses are. Avoid them. It's a skill you need to practice now before you arrive at Basic. Don't even walk into the recruiting office until you can score a 90 on the PFT when you practice on your own - you've got 2 years to train. Learn about personal finance so you don't wind up being a PFC or LCpl who just bought a new Camaro or sport bike at 27% APR. If you don't know what that is and why it's a financial disaster, time to start learning. Also, don't buy a new Camaro or sport bike in general.

Once you hit 18 and walking to a recruiting office, get EVERYTHING HE PROMISES YOU in writing before you sign on the line. Have your smartest brother read the contract first. Maybe have another wise person in your life who understands the military also read it. Next, be open to other jobs besides Scout Sniper. I don't know what the numbers are for people who pass Selection, but they're also really low (10% or 20% I would guess). So you really need to have a backup plan that will allow you to be happy for the rest of your time in Active Duty and also set you up for success once you get out, because there's an 80%-90% chance that's what you're going to wind up doing. See a theme here?

Last edited:
I would highly suggest that you broaden your options as well. The reasons that you want to be a scout sniper are also reasons that could drive you into several other jobs that you probably aren't aware of. Please keep in mind that I am not crapping on SS or any other job but I am giving my perspective from what I have seen. If I am in a fight you can bet your ass that I will take every SS I can get.

I would highly recommend looking at the 18x program with the army. I would suggest looking at Air Force Special Reconnaissance Operator, which is the new conversion AFSC for SOWT. SEALs are an option, but you better have good hair and like the water. If your goal is to be effective in killing bad guys, go be a CCT and work your ass off for your JTAC rating. Or you could be a Ranger, but if you like to think out of the box that is not for you.

Ultimately, man, any one of those jobs or several others would be something I would recommend to you over scout sniper for several reasons:

They offer more training on a broader scale than SS does.

Every one of those specialties will send you to sniper school if you make your desire known and do a good job day to day.

You will have more retraining options that will still keep you in the community if you ever get tired of your current specialty.

Every one of those jobs falls under SOCOM and is funded and equipped MUCH better than SS. This may not seem like it would matter much right now, but trust me, it does. It means, for example, at a unit of around 100 dudes you will have your own doc, PA, psych, phys therapist, strength coach, and a whole support section that is there to facilitate you in the mission. Need to go to the doc? Walk 100 yards across the compound and walk right into his office and he will see you right then. No wait, and he is normally a pretty good doc.

Your options after the military will be SO much broader. If you want to go into the FBI or other agencies the jobs I mentioned will help you much more than scout sniper will. It is kind of dumb but that Special Operations moniker means a lot to employers, even though there are a bunch of SS dudes that I would take in a heartbeat over SOF guys. It mainly comes down to the depth and breadth of training that most SOF guys get. By the end of the first enlistment, most SOF guys have well over a million dollars invested in them already. You average SOF guy is trained to a higher level than the HRT.

In the end, just ask a bunch of questions. DON'T EVER TRUST A RECRUITER, EVER! They are all in the business of getting you to sign up for what is good for them, not for what is good for you. You have to take care of yourself. If you ever show interest in any of those jobs that I mentioned above, PM me and I can get you in touch with someone who is currently in that job.
Best of luck. You better be stubborn and not know what quit means. If you are the right person you will end up there.

Reactions: Bender
I don’t have money to buy another rifle, so the 270 and 25-06 are the only high powered rifles I have, except for a lever action 30-30. So I was just wondering Which one was the best to practice with.

Do you have a .22.

Use your .22 and just work on fundamentals.

Get so good with your .22 that you are an instinctive shooter. You dont know why or how, you just know when you line up the sights on your .22 you will hit.

Do this with iron sights as well as scopes if you can.

Pay attention to wind and weather and try to note when you instinctively use Kentucky windage.

Just have fun shooting your .22 and enjoy being 16. I was very mean to small birds when I did this, please use cans, plastic bottles and other small reactive targets.

A lot can change from 16 to the time you may enlist - might as well make yourself a good practical shooter if you abandon your present goal.

Beyond that get outside and into the woods.

Get comfortable in the woods. Just have fun and be 16 in the woods.

Dont play "Army". Work on "How comfortable can I make myself in Nature?"

Get a compass and see if you can coordinate it with a map of your local woods.

Can you have fun building shelter? Can you light a fire? Can you wash in a cold stream? Ever took a dump in the woods? Do you know how to hygiene after doing so? 99 percent of your peers dont.

Have fun in the woods. If your goals change at least you are able to help yourself in natural conditions.

Have fun building plastic models or useful things from scratch with wood. As you are interested in the military buy up some Tamiya tank models and learn to read and follow directions. Develop an attention to detail and strive to build the cleanest most perfect model you can. Paint those suckers and work to pay attention to the details, Never be happy until its perfect and if its not perfect, just have fun as a 16 year old, buy another model, learn from what you were unhappy about last time and try again. Build some sort of box or cabinet for mom or yourself to store shit. Take a shop class in metal working and build a lamp. Learn to solder a copper pipe. If your goals change at least you will be able to read/follow directions and build stuff that requires attention to detail and delicate skill.

Get away from the xbox and get outside. Have fun being 16 and play a sport or run. Develop hand/eye coordination and avoid the bad physical conditioning that lots of kids are in today. I realize this will be tough and it will require self discipline and motivation but if nothing else should your goals change you will have self discipline/motivation as well hopefully gained a lifetime habit of taking care of your health.

Strive to be the 16 year old friend that other friends and family can rely on. If someone tells you to be somewhere at 4:00 pm than make it a habit to be there at 3:45. 99 percent of the human population cant do this so if you make it your habit should your goals change at least you are the guy that waits on others and can be depended on rather than the other way around. People that are not there when they are supposed to be are no help.

Become the 16 year old that teachers beam at. Assignments turned in on time, neat and legible. You may not always get the solutions right but if your work is neat and shows effort you are 99 percent ahead of your peers. Focus on the present goal of getting the best education you can right now not some goal that may or may not change two or three years from now. Learn to be oriented to the task at hand and for you, right now, thats school.

Get a job. Pick up some work no matter how shitty it is. The crappier the better in fact. Get that job than focus on being the worker always on time, the worker that doesnt call in sick, and the worker that is appropriately attired and prepared for the work at hand. At your job think two steps above what ever your assignment is. Try to learn the job of your supervisor. If you finish your assigned work dont wait for another assignment. Assign yourself a task that gets the follow on or next days work started. Learning to assign yourself work assures you do work you want to do rather than having a supervisor assign you work just to keep you busy that will likely suck to do. Dont bitch and complain about conditions or slacking co workers. Be happy someone is paying you and only worry about what you can control - yourself. But be 16, dont work all the time. Go to the beach or movies and hopefully meet a chick at work you can take with you. If nothing ekse should your goals change you will have some money in your pocket, maybe a car, and certainly a good work ethic.

Read history and understand the workings of your government. If your goals should stay the same you will know the mistakes of the past, recognize where they repeat and be able to see clouds on the horizon. If your goals stay the same as the actual implement of forcing government policy and a representative of me personally I expect you to be informed and educated. I want you to perform lawfully and within the bounds of the Oath you take to represent me. Just have fun being 16 yet know there is a world out there and there is not a lot of mystery on how it functions....history is a record of the future as well as the past....arm yourself now to be a functioning human in the world - 99 percent are unarmed.

So my advice is dont do anything specific to prepare for a goal that may change in two or three years. just focus on being 16 and becoming a competent person. Should your goals remain the same than you will already be well ahead of your competition.

Ive never been a sniper so take my advice for what its worth. If you do these things and your goals do change man you are going to be the person any business would want working for them.

Last edited:
Do you have a .22.

Use your .22 and just work on fundamentals.

Get so good with your .22 that you are an instinctive shooter. You dont know why or how, you just know when you line up the sights on your .22 you will hit.

Do this with iron sights as well as scopes if you can.

Pay attention to wind and weather and try to note when you instinctively use Kentucky windage.

Just have fun shooting your .22 and enjoy being 16. I was very mean to small birds when I did this, please use cans, plastic bottles and other small reactive targets.

A lot can change from 16 to the time you may enlist - might as well make yourself a good practical shooter if you abandon your present goal.

Beyond that get outside and into the woods.

Get comfortable in the woods. Just have fun and be 16 in the woods.

Dont play "Army". Work on "How comfortable can I make myself in Nature?"

Get a compass and see if you can coordinate it with a map of your local woods.

Can you have fun building shelter? Can you light a fire? Can you wash in a cold stream? Ever took a dump in the woods? Do you know how to hygiene after doing so? 99 percent of your peers dont.

Have fun in the woods. If your goals change at least you are able to help yourself in natural conditions.

Have fun building plastic models or useful things from scratch with wood. As you are interested in the military buy up some Tamiya tank models and learn to read and follow directions. Develop an attention to detail and strive to build the cleanest most perfect model you can. Paint those suckers and work to pay attention to the details, Never be happy until its perfect and if its not perfect, just have fun as a 16 year old, buy another model, learn from what you were unhappy about last time and try again. Build some sort of box or cabinet for mom or yourself to store shit. Take a shop class in metal working and build a lamp. Learn to solder a copper pipe. If your goals change at least you will be able to read/follow directions and build stuff that requires attention to detail and delicate skill.

Get away from the xbox and get outside. Have fun being 16 and play a sport or run. Develop hand/eye coordination and avoid the bad physical conditioning that lots of kids are in today. I realize this will be tough and it will require self discipline and motivation but if nothing else should your goals change you will have self discipline/motivation as well hopefully gained a lifetime habit of taking care of your health.

Strive to be the 16 year old friend that other friends and family can rely on. If someone tells you to be somewhere at 4:00 pm than make it a habit to be there at 3:45. 99 percent of the human population cant do this so if you make it your habit should your goals change at least you are the guy that waits on others and can be depended on rather than the other way around. People that are not there when they are supposed to be are no help.

Become the 16 year old that teachers beam at. Assignments turned in on time, neat and legible. You may not always get the solutions right but if your work is neat and shows effort you are 99 percent ahead of your peers. Focus on the present goal of getting the best education you can right now not some goal that may or may not change two or three years from now. Learn to be oriented to the task at hand and for you, right now, thats school.

Get a job. Pick up some work no matter how shitty it is. The crappier the better in fact. Get that job than focus on being the worker always on time, the worker that doesnt call in sick, and the worker that is appropriately attired and prepared for the work at hand. At your job think two steps above what ever your assignment is. Try to learn the job of your supervisor. If you finish your assigned work dont wait for another assignment. Assign yourself a task that gets the follow on or next days work started. Learning to assign yourself work assures you do work you want to do rather than having a supervisor assign you work just to keep you busy that will likely suck to do. Dont bitch and complain about conditions or slacking co workers. Be happy someone is paying you and only worry about what you can control - yourself. But be 16, dont work all the time. Go to the beach or movies and hopefully meet a chick at work you can take with you. If nothing ekse should your goals change you will have some money in your pocket, maybe a car, and certainly a good work ethic.

Read history and understand the workings of your government. If your goals should stay the same you will know the mistakes of the past, recognize where they repeat and be able to see clouds on the horizon. If your goals stay the same as the actual implement of forcing government policy and a representative of me personally I expect you to be informed and educated. I want you to perform lawfully and within the bounds of the Oath you take to represent me. Just have fun being 16 yet know there is a world out there and there is not a lot of mystery on how it functions....history is a record of the future as well as the past....arm yourself now to be a functioning human in the world - 99 percent are unarmed.

So my advice is dont do anything specific to prepare for a goal that may change in two or three years. just focus on being 16 and becoming a competent person. Should your goals remain the same than you will already be well ahead of your competition.

Ive never been a sniper so take my advice for what its worth. If you do these things and your goals do change man you are going to be the person any business would want working for them.
I do have a twenty-two that I shoot a lot. I spend a lot of time In the woods, it used to be a game with my brothers and I to see who could build the best shelter in the fastest time from scratch, nothing but a machete and the trees, fire building used to be every day in the winter.can light a fire with flint with one strike. I have a job working at a resort, with maintenance, so I mow grass, weedeat,fix toilets, fix busted pipes that freeze in winter, a little bit of work on cars, and when I run out of things to do outside, my sister put me to work scrubbing toilets.
There are 2600 acres on this resort that my dad is the director of, so when there are no people around we can shoot to our hearts content, so I have a lot of experience in a lot of different things. The one thing I have problems with is long range shooting I can hit almost anything with my 22 but when it comes to high powered rifle I can’t hit the broadside of a barn at long distances.

Reactions: camotoe
A588BBD9-A356-4FB9-B76A-5873EFAC22AC.jpegSo this is my 22, and I hit the back of a shotgun shell that was set up on The hill ( about 45 yds)