• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Any ultimatum deuce’s in the wild yet

Update- 1. Fixed the cocking problem. Trigger Tech asked does it not cock at all weights? I had it set at 1 lb. 6 oz. went lower it still didnt cock. Went up to 1lb 8oz- cocks fine. 2. Got the mag running much better with a little more filing inside. 3. Sometimes the mag doesn't present the bullet high enough to go in the chamber- waiting on the long latch I ordered from Hawkins precision to see if i can fix that.

Reactions: Gleedus
Finally got some time to take my Deuce out. Pretty much my experience seems very similar to usafa77 my mag did bind a couple times but I'll take it apart and polish/file, I do have a plastic mag on order so I'll be curious if the issue is on those as well. I have not had any cocking issues but I am running a Trigger Tech 2-Stage Special. I posted in one of the other threads I did have to modify my mags to work with my PDC chassis, basically just file the catch so its not a square but angle shape. However I am super pleased with the rifle and have my first match with it this weekend. And its a ELR match so it should be a good test!

RWLeLr-XTSG3mlK6j8r_NA.jpg

My Deuce arrived, super psyched, love the look and feel

Now I gotta drop it in something

View attachment 7726076
Very pleased with mine. Accuracy has been fantastic. Had to tweak the internal magazine a bit to improve feeding. Easy fix & no issues since. Pretty ingenious engineering for mag adjustment. Mags always seem to be the weak link in .22 lr feeding.

Reactions: Matt_3479
My Deuce arrived, super psyched, love the look and feel

Now I gotta drop it in something

View attachment 7726076

Ran mine today for 200 rounds and a little bit of tweaking to do but it felt really great. 4-5 rounds had light strikes but I didn't know how to adjust the firing pin until I got home. A few rounds failed to eject due to the spent casing stuck in the chamber, possibly the Spuhr mount is causing it to bounce back in. And I had a few rounds in the mag that failed to feed (they didn't kick up and got stuck in the mag).

I'm running a 12T Eley EPS chamber. My normal 16T doesn't have any spindrift at 200y, but the 12T had .1mils of drift. Did a few 10 round groups at 200y.

1634943116174.png

Any updates from Deuce shooters. Reliability and accuracy? Surprised at how little info there is on these.

Works great. No complaints on the feeding and extracting. You can run it fast & hard.

1. Run it fast and hard. Works great. This is a PRS style rifle, not a bench style rifle.
2. Magazine has a lot of adjustment, which takes some time to do it all, but guarantees you the ability to get it working in whatever random chassis/stock.
3. Magazine doesn't have pull tabs, slight pain in the ass when loading the magazine.
4. Magazine also doesn't let you load rounds incorrectly, so you can't fuck it up like you can if you don't pay attention when loading a Vudoo mag.
5. IBI barrels are yet to be fully understood in terms of pure benchrest like accuracy. Works good enough for PRS style matches. If I wanted to be super nitpicky, I might buy the action and send it off to like Modacam or some other specialized rimfire stores and do a Krieger/Benchmark precision match rimfire chamber barrel for it.

Works great. No complaints on the feeding and extracting. You can run it fast & hard.

1. Run it fast and hard. Works great. This is a PRS style rifle, not a bench style rifle.
2. Magazine has a lot of adjustment, which takes some time to do it all, but guarantees you the ability to get it working in whatever random chassis/stock.
3. Magazine doesn't have pull tabs, slight pain in the ass when loading the magazine.
4. Magazine also doesn't let you load rounds incorrectly, so you can't fuck it up like you can if you don't pay attention when loading a Vudoo mag.
5. IBI barrels are yet to be fully understood in terms of pure benchrest like accuracy. Works good enough for PRS style matches. If I wanted to be super nitpicky, I might buy the action and send it off to like Modacam or some other specialized rimfire stores and do a Krieger/Benchmark precision match rimfire chamber barrel for it.
Have you run or handled a rim X? Was your original barrel from Ultimatum I assume?

I've been running mine since Oct. I had to mod the internal mag with some dremeling to eliminate the occasional round that would hang up and not feed correctly. I have the IBI 1/12 twist barrel, M24 profile, 21.75 inches long with the Eley EPS chamber. It's a good shooting barrel that really does well at long range. I'm consistently getting 5 shot groups with SK LRM with 1.25 to 1.75 in vertical at 200m. I have noticed the increased spin drift of the 1/12 twist. This year I will run it in a match and give my Vudoo a rest🙂 I had it in a MDT XRS chassis and just recently put it into an MDT ACC. I switched out the steel buttplate assembly for the aluminum version and the balance is pretty good without having to use any weights.
20220121_182954.jpg

Attachments

• 20220121_182954.jpg
    20220121_182954.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 54
Ran mine today for 200 rounds and a little bit of tweaking to do but it felt really great. 4-5 rounds had light strikes but I didn't know how to adjust the firing pin until I got home. A few rounds failed to eject due to the spent casing stuck in the chamber, possibly the Spuhr mount is causing it to bounce back in. And I had a few rounds in the mag that failed to feed (they didn't kick up and got stuck in the mag).

I'm running a 12T Eley EPS chamber. My normal 16T doesn't have any spindrift at 200y, but the 12T had .1mils of drift. Did a few 10 round groups at 200y.

View attachment 7726280
I’m having light strikes too. What is the firing pin adjustment process?