• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anybody modified their ACIS 10 rd mags?

Grog11

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2018
Anthem, Arizona
Mine feed extremely hard out of the box (accurate mag). I have tried sanding them down inside the lips and also used the MPA tool to bend the lips out to the recommended width. Now, what I’m going to try next is to cut a coil off of the mag spring. Has anyone done that? Theoretically it will have less feeding power with a low number of rounds, but will that be a problem in the real work application? Thanks.

I polished the edge of feed lips on mine with 600 grit + oil, then finished it off with 4000 grit foam pad to mirror shine. Made a very noticeable difference.

What grits were you using?

Reactions: Drewski2324
I just loaded 10 rounds and ejected them with my fingers. There almost no perceivable scoring line on the brass from the feed lips.

If yours is still scoring the brass, I would try some much finer grits in step to make it mirror smooth.

Search for Abralon sanding pads to get 4000 grit. I had some leftover from a furniture project.
Dremel is going to cut more than you need. 600 or 500 grit paper oiled is good enough. Don't want to do more than needed.