Rifle Scopes Anybody use the SWFA S.S.A.L.T. mount?

skydiver

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2010
Ohio
Anybody here ever use this SWFA S.S.A.L.T.one piece cant. mount?
Looks the same as the Burris version which I think isn't very good in quality.
I received one from a buddy who had no use for it, and I was thinking of using it with my SWFA 6X42 SS on my AR10A4.
I would feel better using it if i had a way to lap it in, but I don't have a 30mm lapping bar or know of anyone who has one.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SSALT-30mm-Scope-Mount-P58814.aspx

Re: Anybody use the SWFA S.S.A.L.T. mount?

You're correct, it's just a rebranded Burris PEPR. I'm using a PEPR right now and it's working great. I lapped mine, but it wasn't needed. The rings already had good contact. Overall, quite a good mount for the money.

For the money, I think burris rings are hard to beat. I have several sets and none ever needed to be lapped.

I bought the exact same mount on ebay for $20, only difference is the name stenciled on the mount.
I bought it to use on a .22LR AR upper but haven't tried it yet.

Joe

It doesn't scream quality, but it gets the job done. It is cleanly finished and everything appears to be cut straight. I wouldn't put one on a rifle that sees rough use, but for range use it will serve you well. The screws torque to the typical 15-20 and ~60 inch pounds. No stripping or galling that you might see in extremely crappy rings. I promise that you'll get your monies worth!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scudzuki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought the exact same mount on ebay for $20, only difference is the name stenciled on the mount.
I bought it to use on a .22LR AR upper but haven't tried it yet.

Joe </div></div>

What material was your mount made of?

I have the SSALT mount on my Sig AR. I'm not a scope mount snob, but my dad has been a gun smith for over 45 yrs and was impressed. It does the job! I would probably get the Burris PEPPAR next time on my AR, just for the added expandibility of the extra pica tiny rail atop the scope. Otherwise, the SSALT is a great value.