• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Anyone have experience with lucid optics?

SPAK

Stupid can be fixed
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
Alaska
I acquired a Licid optics MLX ffp scope as a gift. Was going to sell it but decided to put it on a .22 for a trainer. Bottom line is it doesn’t track properly. anyone else have any experience with them? Specifically tracking..... don’t really care about other stuff for this particular application.

I know the owner. Another Wyoming company. But I wish they were better.... he is stuck in his own head and won’t look at what the market actually wants. I would pass. But if I got one free I would run it till it died.

Yah I didn’t pay anything for it, so no loss there.

I’ve seen box test videos on YouTube of their other scopes that seem suspect to me.

This one definitely is off...guess it’ll go on the squirrel gun.

During the 2016 NRA World Shooting Championship, 2 different kinds of Lucid scopes (I don't know which specific models) where used for a practical AR type stage. IIRC, there were about 4-5 of each model being used. *None* of the 10-12 Lucid scopes, across 2 different models, held their zero and were replaced with another manufacture's scopes, necessitating people having to reshoot that stage.

I don't know if the quality of their scopes has gotten better since this thread was last discussed 5 years ago but I thought I'd post an update. I stopped by LUCID's booth at SHOT this year and chatted with a guy named Jason, who turned out to be the CEO. It does appear that Lucid has expanded its product line.

Looking through a scope in an exhibit hall doesn't really give you any realistic sense of the image quality or capabilities. Of the products I saw, the blue illumination was "different" but nothing struck me as particularly innovative. Pricing was still a bit on the premium side compared to similar offerings from Athlon.