• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone running a 6-6.8spc?

I had one for a while, it was an impressive little cartridge. I used Ch4D dies, hornady brass, mostly ran Sierra 85 GK hpbts, good for coyotes up to whitetail doe for me.

If you want more info Predatormasters forum is the place to go. I don't go there much anymore but I know I remember seeing some discussion on difficulty finding dies.

I built a 22" 6x6.8 with BHW barrel, used Redding 6.8 bushing dies. I ran H322 and 100gr Amax at 2900+ fps. Rolled yotes with authority but just prefer a bolt gun and sold it.

I built a 22" 6x6.8 with BHW barrel, used Redding 6.8 bushing dies. I ran H322 and 100gr Amax at 2900+ fps. Rolled yotes with authority but just prefer a bolt gun and sold it.

I to prefer a bolt gun but I thought for multiple yotes, and now wolves her in Wyoming. This might be a sweet rig.

I could get 3,000 with a 100gr Amax but it was hard on brass. It was really accurate and easy to load for. I wouldn't hesitate to build another, I built it for the same reasons as you and contest calling.

20170923_203102.jpg

I had 6mm DTI which is a necked down 6.8 case with the shoulders blown out to 30 degrees. Bout the heaviest thing it would run and still be mag length was the 87 grain vmax. It would run around 3000 fps and was shear hell on prairie dogs.

I to prefer a bolt gun but I thought for multiple yotes, and now wolves her in Wyoming. This might be a sweet rig.

Have you ever been wolf hunting? Does it require any difference in method/technique hunting em? Also, theyre quite a bit bigger so shouldnt they be a bit tougher? Always wanted to go wolf huntin up north, sounds awesome!

Have you ever been wolf hunting? Does it require any difference in method/technique hunting em? Also, theyre quite a bit bigger so shouldnt they be a bit tougher? Always wanted to go wolf huntin up north, sounds awesome!

This will be my first year hunting wolves. I would say that are tougher and smarter than coyotes. I'll give it an honest effort

I have a 6x6.8. Built it last year. BHW barrel, 24" 1-8 twist. My plan was to run the berger 95gn vld hunting bullets. That's what i run predominately, but have played around with some 70 gn sierras. I also have loaded 105gn berger vld, but I haven't shot those yet. 95s I'm getting 2900fps. There is more speed to be had but I'm very happy with my current load. Took a nice whitetail buck last year with the 95s. I'm pulling from memory but I think i was getting 3200+fps with the 70s. Would be a killer prairie dog load. Overall I love the rifle. I use redding type s bushing dies to size the brass and a hornady seater die.

I'll just echo that if you want to shoot the sweet heavier high BC projectiles 6mm offers, then the various 6.5 Grendel necked to 6mm rounds are a better bet.