• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone shoot the Tikka T3x Tac A1 308win in 16" if not thoughts on the shorter barrel

308snpr

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2006
PA
Has anyone shot the Tikka t3x tac a1 308win in 16" barrel length? I am leaning towards the short barrel because it will mostly be used at work and the shorter platform is appealing. I currently run a DTA Covert in 308win. The change is needed to add length for night vision on my forward rail.

Why not just run your DTA with a 22" barrel and the longer handguard? I love my Tikka, and I've never had the coin for a Desert Tech, but it seems like a downgrade to me.

Shrubjr I thought about that but your looking at a few hundred dollars for the hand guards and $1500 for the 22" barrel and my coin is low.

There are smiths out there who will do a DTA barrel using premium cut rifling barrels for $800 to $900. No need to spend $1500 if you already have the correct bolt and magazine. Add in the cost of a new handguard and your still spending less than buying a new Tikka.

Reactions: 308snpr
There are smiths out there who will do a DTA barrel using premium cut rifling barrels for $800 to $900. No need to spend $1500 if you already have the correct bolt and magazine. Add in the cost of a new handguard and your still spending less than buying a new Tikka.

Talk to Jeremy or Josh at PVA. They are great guys and might be able to help you out rebarreling the DTA and save you some money for the rail.

Reactions: 308snpr
Thanks for the help on the DTA but I think my mind is made up on the arms switch. I have some other issues with the DTA. I wish I would have kept my TRG and never gotten the DTA. The TRG was just more accurate in my hands.