• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hunting & Fishing Anyone use their 375 cheytac/snipetac for hunting?

Re: Anyone use their 375 cheytac/snipetac for hunting?

snaglytooth here on the hide shot his elk last year with a .338 snipetac. All I can say is that i a jealous. The 300 hybrid smacked the shit out of that thing at 1080 yds. Softball sized exit, blood everywhere. I WANT ONE.
Sorry i know it is not the .375 but though i would share

Re: Anyone use their 375 cheytac/snipetac for hunting?

Not exactly what you asked for but I had a Bansner Ultimate Rifle in 375 RUM that hunted all over for 8 years or so. It took everything from Whitetails (had to try it) to Hippos, Brown Bear to Polar Bear, to Elk and Moose. I shot the 300gr. Swift Aframes pretty well out to about 300 yards. It really liked the 270 grain Hornady softpoints. I shot the Brown Bear 3 times but all the shots were closer than 50 yards. It hit like the fist of an angry god on both ends and absolutely demolished big bones inside the quarry. Farthest shot on game was an Elk at 425 yards. DRT. The round bucked the wind like a champ but I grew tired of the recoil (It was an 8lb rifle) and muzzle blast and went to a 375 H&H.