• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

AR-10 Barrel

IMO... order the BCG you want and headspace gage it later it if you have a problem. You can't change the headspace, checking it is purely diagnostic. I would be more concerned about HS if you were discussing a low end barrel.
Thanks. I believe I’ve got everything figured out now. Will post pics when I have it together

Krieger and Bartlein are going to be your best of the best. I have 10-12 in the safe in 308 and 6.5cm on multiple MEGA uppers

Headspace bolt for sure, only way I role.

In regards to BCG, I'm a JP or RCA only guy.
The RCA HM coated High Pressure bcg are top of the line.

Little secret, you can buy their 350 398 HP+ BCG for $180 here. They call it their blem, not mechanically but laser engraving, cosmetic they say. Guess what, I've bought tons of these, I've never had one arrive that looked anything different than my non-blems. Same box, nothing wrong with it.

Also, they say backorder. I place an order many times on these blems that say backorder and they all shipped in a few days

You were 100% right about the Blem RCA. I “backordered” it at noon and it’s already shipped!

So...I was just reading RCA website description on this blem BCG. Says you can now specify regular gas key or adjustable gas key in the notes. Will come with whatever gas key you choose installed!

That's new. I always paid the extra $40 or so and bought the AGK. Makes this blem deal even more of a smoking deal!

I see the 5.56 blem BCG also is your choice of regular or adjustable billet gas key.

I guess I'm ordering another handul of these.

So...I was just reading RCA website description on this blem BCG. Says you can now specify regular gas key or adjustable gas key in the notes. Will come with whatever gas key you choose installed!

That's new. I always paid the extra $40 or so and bought the AGK. Makes this blem deal even more of a smoking deal!

I see the 5.56 blem BCG also is your choice of regular or adjustable billet gas key.

I guess I'm ordering another handul of these.
I thought the ease of adjustment might outweigh the other advantages of the gas key. If I thought I could have got the adjustable gas key free I would have gone for it, but whatever

Reactions: padom
Gotta ask a couple more questions. Why is y’all’s opinion of having 1. black receivers and FDE furniture and handguard vs 2. all FDE except for a black lower vs 3. total FDE? Also I can get a complete Aero lower for less than it would cost to get a stripped ambi one and build it out. Is it really worth it?

Most everything I have is black...goes handsomely with the trem, "black rifle".
I did order "Urban Decay" color on sale that was heavily discounted.
Other than that, "I'll be the man in black."
The AR is a tool...who cares about its color. Rattle can it.

Adjustable gas key could be an advantage
With a pin & welded muzzle device, where the gas block will not slip over the welded muzzle device if it need changing....maybe. I'd just machine it off.
Other than that, no thanks, especially on a working tool, something else to cause problems...a solution looking for a nonexistent program.