AR-10 build, What 16 inch barrel?

PhilCam

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2018
I'm building an AR-10 in .308 using a Centurion Arms Upper and Lower.

I'm looking for a 16 inch barrel, specifically on the list now is the Rainier Arms 16 match in a 1:10 twist or the Wilson Combat in a 1:11.5 twist.

Looking for opinions on these two barrels as well as suggestions for other barrels I may have overlooked.

I am in the middle of a similar build with a 16 inch barrel that will primarily be ran suppressed. My top two choices I am deciding between are the criterion with rifle length gas or a proof barrel with intermediate gas.

I am in the middle of a similar build with a 16 inch barrel that will primarily be ran suppressed. My top two choices I am deciding between are the criterion with rifle length gas or a proof barrel with intermediate gas.
I’ve always been a big fan of Proof’s AR barrels but either of those choices would serve you well. No experience with Criterion but I’ve never heard anything bad about them.

I have a 16" rifle gas Criterion that shoots ok. Ive shot 168 GMM, 175 GMM, 185 Juggernaut, and a few other factory loads as well as some of my reloads through it without any issues. All suppressed. Its MOA sometimes but usually a little over. I'd probably by another one if I had the chance.
20200101_142519.jpg

Reactions: Quintus