• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ARC Barloc - Estimated Shipping Date????

He had to just open the barrel channel sightly for the barrel nut. The nut and barloc are the same diameter as the action. My action was previously bedded an inch in front of the lug.

Looks like I'm in the cool-kid group again. Local smith just got done modifying my Area 419 Proof 6.5 Saum barrel to work with the Barloc.

30177022_10156064944400631_530919732_o.jpg

And old Savage .260 barrel... Time to start ordering more prefits :D

30174007_10156065251880631_331848949_o.jpg

ETA: Going to do a consistency check with both barrels next chance I get. Maybe tomorrow. Weather looks like shit this weekend.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
Seems the Barloc is as consistent as you are. Here's 4 3x shot groups, 1 2x shot group, and a final rezero shot with the shouldered 6.5 SAUM barrel. I pulled and reinstalled the barrel between each group. This was informal and I want to do more testing, but I did not monitor the angle that the Barloc clocked at (didn't make sure it was level each time) and I believe that may account for some of the total spread here. At any rate, this shows about +/- 0.2 mils zero shift in any direction for re-installing the barrel. This load typically groups .4-.6" or so at 100, and I flubbed one or two rounds.

shouldered.jpg

Here is 5x 3 shot groups with the Savage SPR prefit in .260, again removing the barrel each group. I noticed that where the savage barrel nut clocked had a direct impact on where the groups shot horizontally. I worked my way left to right with the nut clocking in a different place each time, then the last 2 groups I lined it up with about where the 2nd group was. This may be an eccentricity issue with the nut (I machined it myself on a 7x12 mini lathe). At some point I will buy an ARC nut and see how things go there.

savage.jpg

I also want to make clear that my method was to screw the barrel down to an index mark relative to the stock show-line, then tighten the barloc screw as tight as I could with my screw-driver style 4mm hex driver with 1 hand. I don't know exactly what torque value that is.

This is just an initial test-- I definitely want to play with this some more. There are some inletting changes I want to make with the barrel channel, and want to try making index lines to ensure each component lines up the same way each install to see what effect that has on POI repeatability... Anyway blizzard inbound this weekend so it may be a while before I get to it.

Going to bring a question up since I don’t want to make a new thread.

Has anyone used the Barloc with an XLR Carbon chassis? Looks like the handguard mount might get in the way?

Thanks!

Reactions: duramaxed
Nothing solid at this point. I have rezeroed a few times and swapped barrels but the conditions of those swaps didn't lend to me keeping good notes. Been busy at a new job, getting moved in, etc.. I should be able to get some solid testing done here in the next few weeks though.

Gotcha, since I don't believe the Mausingfield has a non extended long action rail I'm going to have to machine mine to fit as well as inlet the stock. Without a second barrel I'm not in much of a rush to get that done.