• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Arca rail handguards

Hope it's okay to chime in, just thought i'd point out that if you want a handguard with flat sides and bottom that has the arca rail integrared into the bottom, you might want to give our (Catalyst Arms) Fast Track a look. Because the rail is integrated it runs the full length which is nice. The products being referenced above are great stuff as well though. Definitely a buyer's market! (y)

View attachment 7208203

You should make one of those that’s fits this Seekins upper:

33EFE3D4-729A-4696-A0B2-46DE142E1EE1.png

Can't say enough about how I'm loving the Fast Track from Catalyst Arms. Solid, comfortable for off hand shooting.

Attachments

• 71032674_10218500783502806_9070297851942141952_o.jpg
    71032674_10218500783502806_9070297851942141952_o.jpg
    730.7 KB · Views: 155
Digging up an old thread here. I had the sawtooth rail for the seekins on my SP10 but I found when mounted to a tripod by the receiver there was a lot of flex in the system. I assume a combination of thickness of the rail and the lack of a screw at that end due to the barrel but location play a role. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have a 6.5 Seekins SP-10 and I have the sawtooth rail. I haven't mounted it to a tripod at the very front of the rail but I have my Harris 25s bipod attached to it. I don't see any flex when I twist it left and right. You are correct that the screw is about 1in from the end on the front side. I also don't think I'd attach a tripod to the rifle rail at the very front. I'd attach the rifle at the natural balance point for more stability. Just a thought. That may solve your problem.

I have a 6.5 Seekins SP-10 and I have the sawtooth rail. I haven't mounted it to a tripod at the very front of the rail but I have my Harris 25s bipod attached to it. I don't see any flex when I twist it left and right. You are correct that the screw is about 1in from the end on the front side. I also don't think I'd attach a tripod to the rifle rail at the very front. I'd attach the rifle at the natural balance point for more stability. Just a thought. That may solve your problem.
Thank you for the input. We might be talking about two different mounting points. I mount the tripod as close to the magazine well as I can. This is where I'm getting the flex as well. Even at that I'm not balanced on my rifle. If you're talking about the same thing, I'm guessing you have a longer barrel. My .308 is an 18" and my 6.5 Creed is only 20". Plus I put the Magpul stock on it so there's a little more weight in the rear.

Hope it's okay to chime in, just thought i'd point out that if you want a handguard with flat sides and bottom that has the arca rail integrared into the bottom, you might want to give our (Catalyst Arms) Fast Track a look. Because the rail is integrated it runs the full length which is nice. The products being referenced above are great stuff as well though. Definitely a buyer's market! (y)

View attachment 7208203

Wish this rail and the seekins rail would drink too much and make bad decisions together.

Reactions: deersniper