• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Archangel R700 stock

cattleman99

Snyder Precision LLC
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2018
Lincoln, NE
www.snyderprecision.com
What are your thoughts and opinions on the Remington 700 Archangel stock? I am looking at them and they seem very interesting. I like the adjustability of them and they look plenty heavy. The integrated bipod that sits flush is pretty neat as well. They good or kind of junky?

I ordered one of these back in the day, but never put an action in it (sold it short after). I suppose it’s an option for a light hunting stock, but I wouldn’t use it for competition. The bipod is almost completely useless and prevents you from using any kind of rails or attachments on the bottom, and has no way of attaching different feet or even rubber. If you break it....... good luck. Notably, the grip is kinda cool, pretty slim with a bulge in the middle, which I found comfortable.....

I know Springfield Armory uses these on some M14s, but those are sans bipod, I believe.

Bottom line, I would suggest getting a magpul hunter 700. It’s just better.

Also, I believe that it can take m14 mags? It came with one of theirs, but I think that was something. Does not take AI pattern mags to my knowledge. Just glanced at their web page and it looks like they are making 700 LA stocks without the bipod. Odd it’s only for the LA.....