Are the expensive bi pods worth the price

Re: Are the expensive bi pods worth the price

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Musef</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I originally bought an Atlas bi-pod for my AICS stock but ended up returning it. One of the legs I found when extended would spin freely while the other one held tightly between the outer and inner pieces. It caused the leg to be slightly wobbly which I could not accept. Other than that problem it seems pretty stout. Unfortunately its going to take some time to get another one since they're out of stock at most places. Not sure if any of you owners experienced a similar problem. </div></div>

You should have contacted Kasey. He would have taken care of you.

I got mine through Sniper Company and dealt with Shaun. He was very helpful in allowing me to return it and I exchanged it for a Harris BRM-S, since the Atlas was out of stock, which I actually received earlier this afternoon. It is also well built and should serve my purpose well.

It seems to have more tilt adjustment than the Atlas however the legs aren't as thick and uses springs for popping them open instead of the gearing system Atlas has.

Can't really complain tho for 1/3 of the cost.

Love the search function...

I found this thread in the middle of my thinking about upgrading from a Harris to an Atlas on my .300WSM / AICS. Target use, weight not an issue, I am hoping for improved stability, that is to say, less wobble because of the mounting point being further away (forward) from the butt end of the rifle where my shoulder is.

I also am attracted by:
- longer legs allegedly available to extend height (I find low prone to be neck painful due to age, and less-than-visually desireable due to strong eyeglasses)
- possibility of use of 45-degree position for legs might be useful in some tactical-style matches where the match director tries to induce you into goofy positions
- Pan, for the same reason

Thoughts would be appreciated.