• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Are these the kind of Boomers you'll keep talking about?

Gunfighter14e2

Hunter/trapper of Remora's
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2002
Lick skillet Alabama
eham.net
Old people who don't have mortgages, and pay cash for second & third homes?

Old people who pay cash for everything including new rides?

Old people who don't run from a fight?

Old people who know the difference between a man & woman?

People who made their own way in life, vs .gov tit sucking & whining about everything?

People who did not marry for tits, ass or cash and then bitch about their ex all the time?

People who never even considered having American made tits, over home grown.

A large group of People who were fucked over by the gov, in 1965.

People who don't give a shit about Gucci anything?

A group of people who don't care what the flavor of the week is or who is fucking who.

Are these the boomers you'll are talking about?

People who made their own way in life, vs .gov tit sucking & whining about everything?

People who did not marry for tits, ass or cash and then bitch about their ex all the time?

A group of people who don't care what the flavor of the week is or who is fucking who.

I am that kind of boomer and I am also demographically a boomer.

Boomer is a term coined by young people who want think of themselves as better, faster, smarter and a name reduces us to something laughable. It also has the side effect of being a request by such young people to be humbled.

Reactions: Terry Cross
IMG_1148.png

Not sure what got your goat. But i’ll bite.

The boomers i complain about are the older folks at gun shows that are trying to sell a winchester model 70 left hand post 64 for $6,500 (cause they know what they got)

The older generation that refuses to retire (possibly due to not affording to or otherwise) creating stagnation in the company but than say millienials are too lazy to move up the company ranks. (Which some are)

The boomers i complain about are the ones who didn’t vote but then complain millienials, and gen x are to blame for the erosion of our gun rights and society.

And lastly that old man or woman stuck in the left lane of the freeway going 35mph!

All other boomers I like and respect.

Yes. I DO fit every one of those references you speak of (except, paying cash for a second/third home. And, luckily, wasn't F'd over in 1965. 1976 maybe.)!
Mac

Reactions: mosin46
I do have a Mod. 70 left-hand, post 64. It is stainless and 30-06 and $6500 is a little much, even for mine... But, as an aside, it is my understanding that what there are is all there ever will be.
True. My complaint is more the mentality of it. We all know that type of individual and unfortunately it seems that mentality is currently more prevalent in the baby boomer generation.

The boomers i complain about are the older folks at gun shows that are trying to sell a winchester model 70 left hand post 64 for $6,500 (cause they know what they got)

The older generation that refuses to retire (possibly due to not affording to or otherwise) creating stagnation in the company but than say millienials are too lazy to move up the company ranks. (Which some are)

The boomers i complain about are the ones who didn’t vote but then complain millienials, and gen x are to blame for the erosion of our gun rights and society.

And lastly that old man or woman stuck in the left lane of the freeway going 35mph!

Paragraphs 1,3 and 4, I agree with.

Paragraph 2, nope. You're not entitled to an older persons job, just because they are old. Same with their house or property.

Wait your turn, just like the Boomer did.

True. My complaint is more the mentality of it. We all know that type of individual and unfortunately it seems that mentality is currently more prevalent in the baby boomer generation.

That's because Zoomers buy plastic and steel guns.
Not that I don't have any, I still prefer stocks over chassis and wood to plastic or aluminum.

^^^^^ Says the guy that shoots his chassis rifles 20x as often as he does the traditional styled ones.

Reactions: corsairpilot62
Paragraphs 1,3 and 4, I agree with.

Paragraph 2, nope. You're not entitled to an older persons job, just because they are old. Same with their house or property.

Wait your turn, just like the Boomer did.
I resect that. To clarify I’m not saying I’m entitled to anything. However some baby boomers complain that millienials won’t work and are lazy. (And sometimes this is true) in other cases there is stagnation in the company and no upward growth so to some millienials there is no point in doing anything more than what is required of them. (Complaints from both boomers and millennials)

luckily my career field is different from other fields.

That's because Zoomers buy plastic and steel guns.
Not that I don't have any, I still prefer stocks over chassis and wood to plastic or aluminum.

^^^^^ Says the guy that shoots his chassis rifles 20x as often as he does the traditional styled ones.
Zoomers sure…but most of them are adhd and retarded 🤣

I am just trying to find old fashioned rifles. To quote from a boomer (probably) “ they don’t make shit like they did in the old days”

Reactions: Mike Casselton
I resect that. To clarify I’m not saying I’m entitled to anything. However some baby boomers complain that millienials won’t work and are lazy. (And sometimes this is true) in other cases there is stagnation in the company and no upward growth so to some millienials there is no point in doing anything more than what is required of them. (Complaints from both boomers and millennials)

luckily my career field is different from other fields.

People that can't/won't prepare for upward mobility at work have always given up. They blame their mediocre performance on those above them when it's the fault of the person in the mirror. If they truly want to get ahead, they will hustle and work their asses off, even when it looks like there's nowhere to go.
If the company truly doesn't have an upward position for them, then it's advisable to seek employment elsewhere. Use the hard work to gain a position in the new company. Make the old boss wish he didn't lose you...

The ones complaining aren't the type people you want in charge anyway.

MEN! Why are we arguing? True, men and women born between the years of 1945 and 1964 are pretty much pay as you go. (Ever try to get a 30 year mortgage at 75 years of age). But I strongly suspect that most here are hardly guilty of the less desirable characteristics listed.

its not us, (members of Snipershide) Its them, them damnable ultra liberals. And it’s not the later generations. many of those have pushed and shoved their way to make each workday and success. My kid worked his way though college even though he did not have too. We’d paid his way, but he had to do it his way and he did and I’m damned proud of him. Not sure whether he’s an x or a y or a z and a whatever. His friends are all the same way, they work each and every day and are proud of their careers. Maybe its small town USA or maybe its parenting (me a decent parent what a joke, but I tried)

So, let’s all back off, and remember, a man who owns a Remington BDL in .25-06 knows what he has. I sold mine to get my kid a left hand .25-06 when he was in High School. He’s paid me back many times over…..But I sure loved that old BDL. It shoot almost as good as my dirt cheap Weatherby Vanguard in yep you guessed it, .25-06.

Shouldn't it be before you turned the world shit?

Seems to me like the world went to shit under the boomers and gen X watch.

Not to mention all these fragile millennials and Gen Z kids we keep hearing about that are running everything, were all raised by gen X or boomer parents.

Let that sink in for a while.

Is this some old people shit I’m to young and lucid to understand?
Yes. And to cheer you up, young man, being an old person is your destiny. I am you a few decades from now.

IOW, be afraid. Be very afraid. One of the things you will have to put up with is young snots coming up with names that are meant to denigrate you and devalue your knowledge and opinion. We have people calling us boomers.

I imagine younger people than you will call you "cunt."

Or, at least, I can hope so. Yes, we fucked it all up. Soon enough, it will be your turn to screw up some more.

Cheers.

• Haha
Reactions: Herb Stoner
Y’all shut up and get back to work and pay those taxes. Grandpa here needs his Social Security check. Going to buy that new Matlock DVD I’ve got my eye on.
Matlock?!? Ok boomer, you need to make that shit Perry Mason! Then maybe you can get your social security money

I am that kind of boomer and I am also demographically a boomer.

Boomer is a term coined by young people who want think of themselves as better, faster, smarter and a name reduces us to something laughable. It also has the side effect of being a request by such young people to be humbled.

The term “baby boomer” was first used in January 1963 in a daily press article. The term was in use even before the last baby boomers were born. Therefore, if it was young people who were using it……baby boomers are the young people you are referring to. So……in the end I guess you are correct - and you’re referring to your own generation.

Where's @Hobo Hilton when we really need some self-righteous perspective and uninvited advice?
Hobo hasn’t been on the Hide since early July.
Some of us noticed his absence in the Porta John thread, and began to fear the worst.
I don’t know if anyone on the Hide knew him personally or knows of a way to get in contact with him?

Don't be trashing on boomers, I'm betting your father is probably a boomer.
Born in 62 and classified as a boomer, I always think of boomers who were born right after WW2.
Anyway, self employed and going into my 40th year in my trade, in no hurry to retire as I like what I do. Wife would prefer I slow down or come up with a retirement plan, wife has good job and we have no debt, everything paid for, that's how boomers do things.

Born in 62 and classified as a boomer, I always think of boomers who were born right after WW2.
Anyway, self employed and going into my 40th year in my trade, in no hurry to retire as I like what I do. Wife would prefer I slow down or come up with a retirement plan, wife has good job and we have no debt, everything paid for, that's how boomers do things.
Congrats! 40 years in your trade is awesome. I’d like to invite you to read my post further down the thread; further explaining or trying to explain my point.

My biggest problem in the job market when it comes to boomers is them stating that millennials are lazy and not willing to work.

My career field is different and this argument really doesn’t apply. According to some people I grew up with. Their is no upward growth in some companies due to boomers not retiring. The company not offering raises, or incentives…etc. so they just do the bare minimum amount of work. @Mike Casselton brought up a good counter point to this.

As far as everything being paid for. That is my goal. Which is why i don’t have a house yet. (I will buy in cash!!)

Just please! Do not drive in the left lane doing 35mph on the freeway with a speed limit of 70mph.

No, it’s not. Not most of them, anyway.

Reactions: kmckinnon