• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Are these the kind of Boomers you'll keep talking about?

I bought a small 15 acre piece of land in the mid 80’s financed by double digit interest. Sold it a couple years later for a profit to use as a down payment on our first house. I remember the house was around $130,000 at a 8-9% interest rate.

My in-laws were telling me how a couple decades earlier their first home was less than $30,000 and they had to sacrifice to afford it.

Every generation has seen difficult times. It’s how you respond to difficult times that makes the difference.
This is the total cop out that gets boomers the bad wrap. This ridiculous comparison right here, as if that high interest rate is ANYWHERE NEAR the equivalent of what cost of living is today. It's facts not opinion. The economy and economic set up was FAR FAR BETTER then, even under Carter and high rates because every single other thing wasn't insainly expensive. This false comparison is boomers telling others "we had it just as rough now buck up" and it's total bs, and all while the rest of us are paying for your social security knowing we won't ever see it because of boomers politicians squandering it. Boomers had it BY FAR the easiest of any generation, and they screwed it up.

I'm a gen X so I don't like either and i saved and have things paid for ect.... I have worked my butt off for 30 years now so I also understand this "I'm entitled to x,y,z" attitude the younger generations have and how impractical and unrealistic it is in the real world too. This thread is Boomers asking why they are looked at the way they are and this is why.

Reactions: nikerret and BurtG
Old people who don't have mortgages, and pay cash for second & third homes?

Old people who pay cash for everything including new rides?

Old people who don't run from a fight?

Old people who know the difference between a man & woman?

People who made their own way in life, vs .gov tit sucking & whining about everything?

People who did not marry for tits, ass or cash and then bitch about their ex all the time?

People who never even considered having American made tits, over home grown.

A large group of People who were fucked over by the gov, in 1965.

People who don't give a shit about Gucci anything?

A group of people who don't care what the flavor of the week is or who is fucking who.

Are these the boomers you'll are talking about?
This is your post to start the thread. Yes, definitely right over target

Nope, you need to look/think deeper.
No, I really don't. You are dismissing what I'm telling you and why boomers are regarded the way they are. I'm telling you why and you refuse to acknowledge it and are giving me this "think deeper crap". Read what I said, it's the truth. The boomers had it way easier than any gen after them. They are the very first generation in America that handed their children a worse country than they were given. This is a fact

No, I really don't. You are dismissing what I'm telling you and why boomers are regarded the way they are. I'm telling you why and you refuse to acknowledge it and are giving me this "think deeper crap". Read what I said, it's the truth. The boomers had it way easier than any gen after them. They are the very first generation in America that handed their children a worse country than they were given. This is a fact
Quit the shallow thinking, even though it seems to be the way the hide has been going for the last 10+ years.

Calling people "Sheep" is funny to me. Anyone calling people "sheep", are usually "sheepish" just for using the term. Seems like everyone calls everyone "sheep" today. What does that make those people using that word?
What other word would you use to describe the woke, hive-mind, triple-vaxxed, mask wearing, idiots that believe whatever MSN tells them?

I am the boomer who is already doing 80 in the slow lane and you snots getting within inches of my bumper are not going to make me go an faster. Please, follow me to my destination.

I am begging you pretty please, with a cherry on top.

Once again. Since some y’all blind

3D238BEC-8A08-4621-BD35-639BA1242948.jpeg
The

I am the boomer who is already doing 80 in the slow lane and you snots getting within inches of my bumper are not going to make me go an faster. Please, follow me to my destination.

I am begging you pretty please, with a cherry on top.
Totally with you there. 80 or 85 is fast enough. If you need to go faster then go to a race track.

Nobody's getting that much harassment in the slow lane. Exaggeration/10. These are the same people who claim they see sportbikes riding wheelies at 100mph between cars while traffic is crawling.
Happened to me this very morning.

As for others wanting to PIT someone in his way, yeah, uh, that's not a good idea.

Just saying.