Are truck prices finally falling?

Do not buy newer GMC. Have 2019 GMC Sierra AT4 with 6.2. Couple of days ago it just died. Towed to dealership. Service writer calls and says needs a fuel pump control module - $455 parts and labor. Punch line - no parts available and no idea when parts will be available. Called GMC customer service - they confirmed no parts available. Multiple GMC trucks at dealer now waiting on that part. Other GMC trucks on same lot waiting for a transmission control module.

When it died (only 2 miles from dealership by pure luck) - all I could think about was what of died in route to a PRS match in nowhere rural America.

When it gets fixed, it will be sold. Looking for an older Toyota Tundra, 4Runner, or GX470.

Toyota Tundra, 4Runner, or GX470.

Most reliable vehicles that pretty much exist. Wicked resale value.

That's a shame. There's nothing particularly special about a FSCM, but the guys at GM and their suppliers who knew how to design and source such things (and keep track of component obsolescence issues) probably got some sort of early-retirement buyout over the last few years and GM didn't bother backfilling because it only makes $10B/year in net profit and can't be bothered to give a shit about its legacy customers.

Corporate loyalty to customers is a myth and is subject to the whims of each Fiefdom(franchisee)./Salesman/Sales manager.

GM does not give two shits about anybody. I was at a store where they enraged their clientele to the point of the largest Corvette vandalism in Canadian history.

The new store owner would call people 4-10 times per month OR MORE!!!

Guy shows up and strips the paint off of like 30 C7 corvettes with Dot 3 break fluid and a ketchup bottle.

Bunch of greedy psychos. Covid destroyed the car sales industry. Now dealers pay like nothing to salespeople. They keep it all.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Corporate loyalty to customers is a myth and is subject to the whims of each Fiefdom(franchisee)./Salesman/Sales manager.

There are car companies that care about their customers - not because they are compassionate and caring, but because this leads to repeat sales with lower costs to recapture the customer and that's good for profits.

I don't currently own any Honda or Toyota products, but both companies have a reputation both at the consumer level and within the industry for going to greater lengths than some other brands to keep existing customers happy.

There are car companies that care about their customers - not because they are compassionate and caring, but because this leads to repeat sales with lower costs to recapture the customer and that's good for profits.

I don't currently own any Honda or Toyota products, but both companies have a reputation both at the consumer level and within the industry for going to greater lengths than some other brands to keep existing customers happy.

I do not doubt that there are still good "dealers"....I have seen some goddamn nightmares.

Well I don't know about Corporate but I can tell you how things went at dealerships around here that I or others I know went to over the past few years.

Ford dealerships - Solid spot t the top of the the worst ever list.
Hyundai and Kia - tying for second place on the worst ever list
Toyota - trying hard to move up to second place in the worst ever list
Honda - trying hard to be a firm 3rd place on the worst list ever.

Volvo - Trying very hard to stay at the top of the best ever dealership experience list.

Corporate is not what folks see, they normally see the dealerships and that's what makes or breaks the brand.

The sooner the stupid states get rid of their stupid "must go through a stealership" rules about car sales and let there be direct from factory sales (like Tesla likes to do), the better it will be for vehicle buyers.

Reactions: E. Bryant

I do not doubt that there are still good "dealers"....I have seen some goddamn nightmares
Well I don't know about Corporate but I can tell you how things went at dealerships around here that I or others I know went to over the past few years.

Ford dealerships - Solid spot t the top of the the worst ever list.
Hyundai and Kia - tying for second place on the worst ever list
Toyota - trying hard to move up to second place in the worst ever list
Honda - trying hard to be a firm 3rd place on the worst list ever.

Volvo - Trying very hard to stay at the top of the best ever dealership experience list.

Corporate is not what folks see, they normally see the dealerships and that's what makes or breaks the brand.

The sooner the stupid states get rid of their stupid "must go through a stealership" rules about car sales and let there be direct from factory sales (like Tesla likes to do), the better it will be for vehicle buyers.

The psychological damage may be reduced from taking away salespeople. 70% of them are trash.

"you will own nothing and be happy".

Do you even really "own" a Tesla? The software updates can stop you dead. I think they are trying to get rid of "ownership".
Japan hasn't had sales people if ever and it seems to work.

I forsee leasing (renting more or less) in the future. With big trucks going to 120-150k....not many will be able to afford them since wages have been fucked since the 2010s.