Autotrickler Q’s

Smokin7s

Lawyer, Astronaut, Pathological Liar
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2020
Oklahoma
I’m looking at getting rid of my chargemasters and getting an autotrickler v3 or v4 with the ingenuity system.

First off, is it worth the wait for a v4 over a v3 both with that system on them?

Secondly, is there a noticeable improvement in speed with the v4?

Thirdly, how much time and or accuracy does a guy gain by using the ingenuity system?

The charge masters both going at the same time are fast enough but even calibrated with the same weights and using the same pan to check they will throw some .1-.2 different charges. Does it matter, probably not. Does it bother me, yes.

The V4 is currently available as new. The V3 is not.

With either/both I would add the upgrade of an Ingenuity Precision Trickler to be less frustrated with overthrows.
Not a cheap addition, but if you use the system very much you should consider it.

The V4 is currently available as new. The V3 is not.

With either/both I would add the upgrade of an Ingenuity Precision Trickler to be less frustrated with overthrows.
Not a cheap addition, but if you use the system very much you should consider it.
How much is it individually

The IP Trickler less the motor is $372.50, because if you are ordering the ATV4, it comes with the motor that you can use for the IP.
The ATV4 is $1070 in a bundle with the scale. So the total #372.50 + $1070 = $1442.50 USD

The IP Trickler less the motor is $372.50, because if you are ordering the ATV4, it comes with the motor that you can use for the IP.
The ATV4 is $1070 in a bundle with the scale. So the total #372.50 + $1070 = $1442.50 USD
Are the ip tricklers available yet? I noticed it said preorder

Are the ip tricklers available yet? I noticed it said preorder
The turnkey system is different than just the trickler. That system will be the keypad, the bulk drop with hopper, plus the trickler. We are discussing just the trickler.
Their trickler has been out for a while now and many of us run the V3 and V4 with it as an upgrade.

1723429063129.png

The turnkey system is different than just the trickler. That system will be the keypad, the bulk drop with hopper, plus the trickler. We are discussing just the trickler.
Their trickler has been out for a while now and many of us run the V3 and V4 with it as an upgrade.

View attachment 8478035
So I can order a v4 and the ip trickler and an fx120i now but I can’t get them all at once unless I wait on ip to start shipping the turnkey.

So I can order a v4 and the ip trickler and an fx120i now but I can’t get them all at once unless I wait on ip to start shipping the turnkey.
Correct get the v4 or v3 system and add just the ip trickler. Once the ip powder system comes out you can sell the v4 and keep the ip trickler you won’t have to buy it twice if you decided to upgrade systems. Here is my v3 with ip setup.

Attachments

• IMG_3209.jpeg
    IMG_3209.jpeg
    459.2 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: RegionRat
Correct get the v4 or v3 system and add just the ip trickler. Once the ip powder system comes out you can sell the v4 and keep the ip trickler you won’t have to buy it twice if you decided to upgrade systems. Here is my v3 with ip setup.
What does the full ip system offer that the v4 and ip doesn’t currently give us? I read on the site and seemed like maybe just speed and not having to use the app?

Sounds like to me get a v4 and his upgrade and start loading a lot sooner, anybody have recommendations on where to get my scale? Also I see some scales with the top on them when I look them up and some without?

I love my V4. It is so much better than my Chargemaster 1500 it is hard to explain. There seems to be a near obscession with speed. "How fast is it?" "Is it faster than....?". It is plenty fast enough and when properly calibrated is about 96% accurate for me with the powders I use. The new IP system might be faster. So? The V4 works very well for me.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
Sounds like to me get a v4 and his upgrade and start loading a lot sooner, anybody have recommendations on where to get my scale? Also I see some scales with the top on them when I look them up and some without?
You have the options listed on the AutoTrickler web page to find the scale bundled with the ATV4.
I looked and see the outfit I used for several units is still one of them, CE, not showing in stock but shows arriving soon.
https://ceproducts.shop/collections...rickler-v4-a-d-fx-120i?variant=39562066493549

There is also https://www.unknownmunitions.com/product/auto-trickler-and-ad-fx120i-kit/

https://autotrickler.com/pages/autotrickler

Not sure what you mean by "scales with the top on them and some without"?

I guess the cover is more what I mean, here’s what I’m talking about
You have the options listed on the AutoTrickler web page to find the scale bundled with the ATV4.
I looked and see the outfit I used for several units is still one of them, CE, not showing in stock but shows arriving soon.
https://ceproducts.shop/collections...rickler-v4-a-d-fx-120i?variant=39562066493549

There is also https://www.unknownmunitions.com/product/auto-trickler-and-ad-fx120i-kit/

https://autotrickler.com/pages/autotrickler

Not sure what you mean by "scales with the top on them and some without"?

Attachments

• IMG_6959.png
    IMG_6959.png
    518.8 KB · Views: 19
I would recommend trying the V4 alone, before buying the IP add on.
You may find that is good enough.
I just received mine last week, (only took 3 weeks from order time)
Any faster than stock is wasted, the V4 would be waiting on you.

Would NOT recommend the v4. Had one and sold it after 6 different email strings with Adam. The product has inherit flaws that cause constant overpours

Highly recommend the v3 + IP

Reactions: Kino
You guys running the V4 with the IP trickler did you drill the hole in the lid for the IP trickler or did you buy the clear lid somewhere? If bought link please or where you bought it from.... Thanks

You guys running the V4 with the IP trickler did you drill the hole in the lid for the IP trickler or did you buy the clear lid somewhere? If bought link please or where you bought it from.... Thanks

There’s a guy on here selling tops with holes for v3 and v4 + ip.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LR1845
Would NOT recommend the v4. Had one and sold it after 6 different email strings with Adam. The product has inherit flaws that cause constant overpours

I have never had a v4 but have researched plenty and I think a v3 would be better if adding an ip setup. The only issue is you’re at the mercy of finding a used v3 which are hard to find right now. I called AutoTrickler\Mac Donald and they did not have any old v3 units for sale that was a couple months ago. I’m wanting to build a good parts inventory for my v3 in case finding parts becomes unattainable in the future.

Sorry to hear that, I have only had mine for less than a week, but any overthrows I have had are .03-.04 with H4350.
I loaded 50 10mm with 13 grains of Accurate #9, and every one was dead nuts perfect.
I am really happy, especially coming from a CM Lite which was terrible.

There’s a guy on here selling tops with holes for v3 and v4 + ip.

View attachment 8478162
Thank you sir.

I have a new V4 that I'm currently not happy with at all. It CONSTANTLY overthrows charges and not having an actual customer service person to talk to for what you pay is completely bullshit, the whole "contact via email" back and forth is a chickenshit way of doing business IMO. I've followed their settings recommendations to the letter and it still don't work.

I'd look for an alternative if I could do over.

Reactions: markl323
I have a new V4 that I'm currently not happy with at all. It CONSTANTLY overthrows charges and not having an actual customer service person to talk to for what you pay is completely bullshit, the whole "contact via email" back and forth is a chickenshit way of doing business IMO. I've followed their settings recommendations to the letter and it still don't work.

Getting the ip is the best thing I ever did. 2-4% overthrows. Granted it’s a very expensive “fix” if you already have a v4

Have you tried shimming the front of the trickler up?

I have both a V4 and a Supertrickler. Both work well with relatively few overthrows. I like the interface and some of the features on the ST more than the V4. A few overthrows don’t bother me as I can do more loads in a given amount of time with the ST even with a few more overthrows.

Adding the IP (Ingenuity Precision) trickler to the V4 does not speed up the process as much as it does when added to an old V3. (This is second hand info from friends.). All are made by small, cottage companies with limited resources so some patience with support is needed.

I’m on the list to buy the new IP system when it becomes available. This a complete system from the company that has made the well regarded trickler upgrade components for the AutoTrickler for many years. It has had delays in the release of it and there is an entire thread dedicated to whining about the delay.

Some here have higher speed / volume needs and are easily frustrated when they cannot achieve consistent 40 grain throws in 4 seconds with zero overthrows.

Shims did not improve mine
I've had my V4 for awhile and I've played with the settings and shimming. I have the shim height set good but if I start messing with the settings I start having issues....I re calibrated yesterday and left the settings as is after calibration and its a little slower but charges are dead on 29.98-30g 1 kernel of varget or 4350 every time.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
I think the problem with the V4 is the large tube and how it dumps powder, I've watched mine and when it stops and reverse's it always drops a bit more powder its never the same drop like the V2 and V3...I think the chamber type droppers were a better design.