• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

AW mag runs best…..

AI is the obvious answer but I'm sure your referring to custom actions.

As mentioned, badger 2008/2013 and really any 3 lug actions, minus any of the ARC actions. Terminus, curtis, GAP tempest, etc..

My Impact (AW cut) runs AW mags fine.

You can avoid the hassle and buy American Rifle Company mags which are just as short but center-feed in a AICS action.

I use aw mags exclusively with my TL3. I've never had any problems. Smart money is on any 3 lug action, but I don't think the two lug actions are as troublesome as people make them out to be. But the TL3 might be different, it's a CRF so the bolt face is different than push feed bolt faces.

Personally, I'd go with a zeus, I think it's the most flexible action on the market, that QC feature adds value to me.

That’s too bad really. I wanted the ARC mags to work. Maybe their tolerances are too tight to allow for normal dirty use? If that’s the case, maybe a rev. 2 could address the issue.

Man, do I ever want ARC mags to work. I even just bought the LRI mag followers in hopes to get them to work for 6.5 Creedmoor and .308. haven't tried the 6.5 Creedmoor yet, but no dice with .308 in my TacOps.

Funny enough, they seem to work fine with 6BRA in multiple actions (clean, haven't field tested them to any duration). I think the bigger cartridges just exert too much pressure and friction doesn't allow the cartridges to reliable move into the single stack portion.

I wonder if a slightly longer spring that puts a little more pressure on the nose/projectile portion would help correct the issue.

Reactions: lash
Man, do I ever want ARC mags to work. I even just bought the LRI mag followers in hopes to get them to work for 6.5 Creedmoor and .308. haven't tried the 6.5 Creedmoor yet, but no dice with .308 in my TacOps.

Funny enough, they seem to work fine with 6BRA in multiple actions (clean, haven't field tested them to any duration). I think the bigger cartridges just exert too much pressure and friction doesn't allow the cartridges to reliable move into the single stack portion.

I wonder if a slightly longer spring that puts a little more pressure on the nose/projectile portion would help correct the issue.
I’ve thought similar things. I realize that magazines are rarely moneymakers for smiths or firearms makers. Well thought out designs take a lot of time and effort to get right. Then you have to change tooling (costly) for the new design. I think that if a manufacturing company were interested and could work out something with Ted, they could fine tune the design for field conditions. Then manufacture and supply.

Availability of a short double stack, single feed designed mag for bolt actions could enjoy a decent market niche.

Reactions: kthomas