awm rifle question

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
some one told me AWM stood for arctic warfare magnum true ?

if so what makes the rifle better then any other in those snowy freezing conditions then other rifles say a 700 or tikka ?

thanks in advance

Re: awm rifle question

The AW's actually have a heating element in the stock below the action that keeps the action at a minimum of 36 degrees to prevent freeze up of the bolt. It works incredible and with some tweaks you can warm up lunch on a cold day with it, only issue with the tweak is that it burns through batteries so use rechargeables.

<span style="color: #FFFF99">
<span style="font-size: 8pt">Don't believe everything you read on the internet.</span></span>

wow... vary intense... i know nothing about bolt guns really.. i had a 700 ltr and two weeks after buying it with only one round threw it and no scope or mount i sold it to a hide member... i was just to obsessed with building a msg90.

that aw rifle sounds freaking insane thanks for informing me

i seen that, i just though it was your signature

for the price of the rifle who knows what they could put on or in them freaking stocks or rifles.

an awm is what 7 grand ?

lol you jack asses haha

I have to be honest with you, i have been looking into a bolt gun, but not that pricey.

to be honest i think the most "advanced" bolt gun i could buy would be a TRG 42 in 338lm

i would like:

tikka varment 308
rem 700 in 338

or the sako

but i want to wait until i glass my msg90 with a viper pst or at least another falcon, and test it out since i got better dies, crowned the muzzle and got my bullet comparator.

if the rifle is a solid solid shooter and i feel comfortable with it, i wont go bolt.. if its junk like every one has bet money on, then ill ditch it, but i have put a lot of hard work into it to just give up so

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to be honest with you, i have been looking into a bolt gun, but not that pricey.

to be honest i think the most "advanced" bolt gun i could buy would be a TRG 42 in 338lm

i would like:

tikka varment 308
rem 700 in 338

or the sako

but i want to wait until i glass my msg90 with a viper pst or at least another falcon, and test it out since i got better dies, crowned the muzzle and got my bullet comparator.

if the rifle is a solid solid shooter and i feel comfortable with it, i wont go bolt.. if its junk like every one has bet money on, then ill ditch it, but i have put a lot of hard work into it to just give up so <span style="font-weight: bold">Im going to try and learn some punctuation in the meantime.</span> </div></div>
Finished your sentence for ya, hope you don't mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to be honest with you, i have been looking into a bolt gun, but not that pricey.

i would like:

tikka varment 308
rem 700 in 338

or the sako

if the rifle is a solid solid shooter and i feel comfortable with it, i wont go bolt.. if its junk like every one has bet money on, then ill ditch it, but i have put a lot of hard work into it to just give up so <span style="font-weight: bold">Im going to try and learn some punctuation in the meantime.</span> </div></div>
Finished your sentence for ya, hope you don't mind. </div></div>

No thats cool, i have a english book along with my rifle data book and dope card all in one bag, when their are no bad guys i study up on my english lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to be honest with you, i have been looking into a bolt gun, but not that pricey.

i would like:

tikka varment 308
rem 700 in 338

or the sako

Finished your sentence for ya, hope you don't mind. </div></div>

No thats cool, i have a english book along with my rifle data book and dope card all in one bag, when their are no bad guys i study up on my english lol </div></div>
Bad guys? wait so your an operator now too? Or was this on COD?

hahah ya i operated a mouse and key board and was a sniper once on ghost recon advanced warfighter.

i was joking with you, i dont have a load worked up for a dope card, i do have a data book on my rifle with # of rounds fired and loads tested and all that.

but back to bolt gun talk, thanks for the laugh and all the info on the awm pretty neat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think that the rifle will turn out to be junk, but keep your expectations realistic. If with good handloads it can keep consistant sub MOA, even barely, that's a realistic goal. Don't get bent out of shape if it doesn't shoot .4 or smaller. You yourself spent most of last summer pursuing photography instead of shooting. Unless you start spending a lot of quality time behind the trigger, you're going to be the weak link in the system. </div></div>

true, how ever i did build once a really nice 1022, bedded action heavy barrel and a m40 style stock, it still had the factory trigger and i could shoot inside a dime all day long (with a flyer here and their ) at 100 surly i can shoot moa all day long with this rifle at 100... if i could even get that i would call my work a success

I love that smooth tikka action, those t3's are like silk every time i mess with one i wanna buy it, and when i held the trg it was like getting my hands on a whore, i just didnt wanna let go

any way thanks for the info on the awm, I am sure ill be back on the bolt section looking for a back up plan just in case