• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Axiom vs Vector Curtis Actions

I am awaiting delivery of a Vector action to my gunsmith. I have a Bartlein #9 heavy varmint barrel which i plan to finish at 28", and I'm waiting on a second barrel in bull sporter (with the breach end extended to 5"), which i will finish at 24". These will be dropped into a KRG W3 chassis.

What do people think about hanging a 28" HV barrel (wrench tightened) off the action? Cheers

I am awaiting delivery of a Vector action to my gunsmith. I have a Bartlein #9 heavy varmint barrel which i plan to finish at 28", and I'm waiting on a second barrel in bull sporter (with the breach end extended to 5"), which i will finish at 24". These will be dropped into a KRG W3 chassis.

What do people think about hanging a 28" HV barrel (wrench tightened) off the action? Cheers
I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: MattSplat

Same as any barrel length and contour

I just Caved to the impact. Main reason being the bolt throw. All other rifles I’ve shot are a 90 and I was concerned about getting used to the 60 and then having issues with the other rifles I shoot.

I do wish the impact has the easier to use barrel swap though. Vector seems amazingly simple and quick while requiring tools I already bring to the range. I dont even know where to get a barrel wrench for the impact yet lol
I’ve sold most of my other actions except for XM sizes which Impact doesn’t make in order to buy Impacts. I don’t know how it could be easier to swap a barrel than on an Impact. All I use are shouldered pre-fits. I have a couple of barrel vises & torque ratchet.

I was planning on buying one of GAPs PPRs in case I want to shoot production class. They go on sale in a couple of weeks. I just found out they are using a Curtis action this year. I’ll probably back off from buying now. I found this thread trying to learn more about them.

Last edited: