AZ. PRAC. RIFLE DEC 5th $100 TO WINNER @ GUNSITE

Re: AZ. PRAC. RIFLE DEC 5th $100 TO WINNER @ GUNSITE

Man, I would love to make the trip, but I'll be driving around Infineon Raceway in an Audi R8.
smile.gif

Although it would probably be less expensive to drive up to Gunsite.

The sacrifices we must make. LOL

HaHaHa you guys are great. Just duel at high noon. 500 paces, then turn and fire!

Is anyone going to have a Phantom or G4Operator pack there I can check out? Maybe someone can bring theirs....
whistle.gif

I dont wana spend $400 on a pack until I play with it in person. Already checked out Steve's gunslinger so I dont needa see one of those.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Phantom right? Thatd be great, Scott, if your reading this, and going.

Anyone have a G4? </div></div>

Previous page-Scott's shooting 'yotes in NM that weekend. He had the Phantom up last time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Scott has one of those you can check out. </div></div>

I think Scott already sold it. He listed on here about 2-3 weeks ago. I was going to get that. BTW, it was a great price. I just think it's a bit too big for me. It's not made for vertically challenged people like me. Perhaps, Matt, Steve, or Mike R. would fit better. I ended up getting the Gunslinger II.

Brad any idea on the round counts? I may have to reload some more. BTW, did you order some more of that 20 mph wind for the match?

40 rounds divided up into 10 courses of fire would be awesome.

4 courses last time was kool, but I like taking less shots at one sitting. It lets me focus on and learn from my mistakes before the next COF. I'm still a noob

Thats one of the things I like about the Iron springs site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brad any idea on the round counts? I may have to reload some more. BTW, did you order some more of that 20 mph wind for the match? </div></div>

With extra gustyness.....please.....
smile.gif

I got rid of my G4 as well, I thought bigger would be better, but it wasn't. If i were going to Afghanistan then it would be a great pack.

I designed a belt system and a small backpack so i dont have to carry so much.

If we have enough spotters, we can break down to two or three targets in each of eight positions. That depends on having eight squads with a spotter or binos in each squad.

As it stands, I have 4 positions with 5 targets at each position, just like last time. It's pretty simple to create a second shooting position near each of the 4, where you can engage either 2 or 3 of the existing targets. I can square that away this weekend, if that sounds like a good idea. Not really much trouble, just placing some markers and setting up the range cards.

What say you all?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I liked the original set up myself, it's different than the norm. </div></div>

I thought the last set up was fine. I like it. It forces you to stay focus for the longer shots. But's it's yours and Brad's set up, so you guys make the call. I just need to know how many boxes of ammo I need to bring with me that's all.

I say if Matt was a man about it, he would shoot without a scope....

but hey......thats just me.......

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/28W6ibMI6Gc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/28W6ibMI6Gc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REM700MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill be running my 444 Marlin to give Chiller a chance </div></div>

.........zing...........

if you really had game you would be running a .22LR.......call me silly......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kind of like the guy who showed up to one of our local matches with an AK47! </div></div>......

really?
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kind of like the guy who showed up to one of our local matches with an AK47! </div></div>......

really?
confused.gif
</div></div>

yep. I think he had iron sights too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kind of like the guy who showed up to one of our local matches with an AK47! </div></div>
But in his defense, he did bring an iron sighted M1a too... or was that his buddy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am also for the squad spotting as it allows more of us to shoot. ie Cory, Paula and the Gunsite crew. </div></div>

+1, I want Cory to show us the 2 sec follow up shots on the LaRues. I definitely need pointers on that.

Let us know on the spotting, I would have brought my Kowa outta the truck last go 'round.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am also for the squad spotting as it allows more of us to shoot. ie Cory, Paula and the Gunsite crew. </div></div>

+1, I want Cory to show us the 2 sec follow up shots on the LaRues. I definitely need pointers on that.

Let us know on the spotting, I would have brought my Kowa outta the truck last go 'round. </div></div>

Fast by any description

To all;

We are in the process of securing the dates for the youth shooting clinic at Ben Avery and just wanted to get an idea of how many volunteers we will have. I think it would be great for us to get the youth in our families and communities involved in our sport. I am covering the cost of the ammunition and most of the steel targets. Please email me if you are available in March. It would be one of the first 2 saturdays in March? I am afraid that I would be the only one to show up, please let me know if you would be able to help? It would be free to the kids and we would do two 4 hour blocks on saturday. I was thinking that we would do all reactive targets, but am open to options?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To all;

We are in the process of securing the dates for the youth shooting clinic at Ben Avery and just wanted to get an idea of how many volunteers we will have. I think it would be great for us to get the youth in our families and communities involved in our sport. I am covering the cost of the ammunition and most of the steel targets. Please email me if you are available in March. It would be one of the first 2 saturdays in March? I am afraid that I would be the only one to show up, please let me know if you would be able to help? It would be free to the kids and we would do two 4 hour blocks on saturday. I was thinking that we would do all reactive targets, but am open to options?

</div></div>

I'll know more about my availability next week Brad. I'll be sure to let you know though.

We have been told that the first 2 weekends are open. Which would be preferable? That would be March 5th or 12th. Let me know which is preferred?

We also would like to find a sponsor for ribbons or some item to give to all the kids that attend? Let me know if you guys have any ideas?

Re: AZ. PRAC. RIFLE DEC 5th $100 TO WINNER @ GUN

I hope it's not going to snow too. If it did, I am sure Cory will pain all the targets white just to make things a bit more interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brad are we shooting rain, shine, or snow? </div></div>

I sure hope so.
I already booked and paid for our rooms at the Days Inn...

final head count is 5 shooters from So-Cal.

Randall R
Keith N
Mark E
Kurtis K
Seth

Yep. Rain, shine or snow or any combination thereof. See you guys on Sunday and drive safe. A couple of us are going to meet at the Iron horse restaurant on Sunday morning at 645 if anybody wants to join us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep. Rain, shine or snow or any combination thereof.</div></div>

Sweet! My boss still hasn't told whether I'm working Sunday or not, but here's hoping!!

Brad,

Im sorry but I won't be able to make this match.

Wife was in a car accident (she is okay) but have to take care of stuff here at home.

Thanks,
Keith Nelson