• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Baffle strikes on brand new Deadair nomad with ebrake

They make a 223 version obviously, but I imagine that would be catastrophic and only comes in 1/2-28

It's possible the kid boring those out let his tool get worn below spec and the op got one closer to .308 so enough a bullet will pass through sure but if there was any slop in the muzzle threads now your shaving jackets going into the can. I have seen it happen and it looks similar to what the op is showing on the inside of his ebrake.

I very well could be wrong though...either way I'm very confident dead air will help you out op.

I don't think it's bad to ask questions as long as the OP follows up with the answer he gets from Dead Air. You don't have to be paying very close attention to notice that the frequency of posts about DA QC issues on the forums and Reddit has taken an uptick in the past year or so (especially in regards to Sandman alignment issues). DA outsources the manufacture of their designs, and has probably had much less direct control over QC than a company that manufactured in-house would. From Mageever's posts in a similar thread on another forum it would seem that DA is aware of the QC issues and has made extensive changes in their manufacturing arrangements to give themselves more control over the product their manufacturers are putting out.

I'm looking forward to getting my Nomad out jail soon, hopefully it's good to go out of the box, but if not I'm confident that DA will take care of it.

Reactions: LeadZeke
@Ruger308 My name is Todd Magee from Dead Air. I'm actually the designer of this product and one of the owners of the company.

First off, I'm really sorry you're dealing with. Let's definitely get this squared away for you. Our whole team is at SHOT this week, but we can get you a new E-Brake as soon as we're back. We made a very limited number of the style you have, and we then quickly redesigned it for higher durability. The marks you're seeing is erosion.

As for the precision change with the groups opening up, I don't have a direct answer for that. This is something we haven't experienced yet. My kneejerk reaction is that it might be a harmonics issue, but I don't want to just blame that. I'd rather get to a root cause if we can figure it out. Please get a hold of our customer service guys and we'll get you taken care of fast as we can. Feel free to PM me as well and I can work with you directly on this.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering

@Sincerd Oh, you know that 13.5 LH Micro Mount is going to happen. It's on!

As for aluminum, Pappas has said it doesn't have a place as a baffle material in a hard-use rifle can. The E-Brake is meant to be a lightweight recoil reducer on a lightweight suppressor. If we made it out of steel, the bitching would never end.

It is indeed some powder blasting on that bore aperture. Baffle strikes look very different. We planned on it eroding some--just like Silencerco's Anchor Brake does. This seems to have a coating issue, because the only time I've seen it get this bad was from somebody running it on an SBR like it was a Sandman.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering

I don’t think that’s evidence of the bullet hitting it tbh. If it did it would be a very obvious deformation in the end cap
Not necessarily. Ive had slight rubs on a form1 can i didnt even notice until i took the baffles out. Then made the connection to the 2 serious flyer i had.

Edit didnt realize this was a old thread.