• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ballistics app for cell phones

Re: ballistics app for cell phones

maybe u can help me i plan on buying a ipod touch and was wondering whuts the app called, its for the i phone and i touch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe u can help me i plan on buying a ipod touch and was wondering whuts the app called, its for the i phone and i touch</div></div>

I have an itouch and I use the KAC bulletflight app, its pretty simple to use

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TORKAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Droid has a BADASS application.. Look it up as SHOOTER </div></div>

Just downloaded it onto my HTC HERO. I also have Bullet Flight on my iPod Touch. I am looking forward to comparing these two.

thanks for the i touch i tunes app really apreciate it and cant wait to use it, which will be in about 3 weeks waiting to get my rifle from the gunsmith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: decodeddiesel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TORKAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Droid has a BADASS application.. Look it up as SHOOTER </div></div>

Just downloaded it onto my HTC HERO. I also have Bullet Flight on my iPod Touch. I am looking forward to comparing these two. </div></div>

Please let us know. I'm lookin to upgrade to an iphone if Sprint offers it like they may at the end of the year. If not I may get the Samsung Moment which is a droid and should download the Shooter program. Hopefully it does live update with the weather info like the iphone.

I have 3 on my ipod touch. Ballistic FTE, Knight's Bulletflight, and I snipe.

The first two are the best. Both have similar features but Ballistic has a range report that is handy to record a loads performance at a range on a certain day including zeros and velocities and target bullet impact positions including "cold bore" shots. Also notes for reloading data is saved on the favorites. Ballistics FTE seems to be constantly updating and usually more fixes and additions a couple of times a month.

I don't use I snipe. The only thing it has that the others dont is a reticle overlay with a target for holdover and lead using a mil dot or moa dot reticle. Nice to play around on the couch.

I also bought a waterproof shockproof case from otterbox. That makes it ok to take the ipod out on the range with me or in the field. I would have for sure broken the I pod by now without it.

Another option for you might just be getting a cheep ipod touch (8GB). It doesnt have the GPS but may be cheaper in the long run if you do break your unit in the field( guessing $150 for one by now). I bought the 32gb model because I put lots of music and other apps on it. I was looking at the iphone but was in a contract with the company (rogers) here in canada and they wanted to ding me $699 for a iphone.

i have compared Ballistic FTE to SHOOTER for the Droid to Bulletflight.

Ballistic FTE and SHOOTER on my HTC Eris are within .3 MOA at 800m

good enough for the women i run with

I LOVE using the app on my droid and the guy that made it is a hide member "seankndy"
I understand there are some nice updates in the works too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hiredassassin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bullet flight is the absolute best </div></div>

Wow thats an absolutely subjective comment. And personally, my objective reply would be that I disagree.

Bulletflight may be more user friendly, but you would be hard pressed to convince me that it is the best at much more than aesthetics and simplicity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: decodeddiesel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My big problem seems to be finding valid G7 ballistic coefficients at various bullet speeds.</div></div>

Bullet Flight now has G7 BC's from Brian Litz. I have the book Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting by Litz and even though you can't see what number is being used in the application I've checked it against the book data and its the same. I think its about 175 bullets tested.

The nice thing about the book is you can look at data Litz got from actual firing range measurements and see whether its better to use a g7 or g1 data for a particular projectile. Also the nicer thing about using the correct BC data is there is very little change in BC with velocity because the projectile more closely follows the form factor. The need to have multiple BC's at different velocities goes away when the bullet follows the form of the G1 or G7 projectile.

http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/index_files/Book.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hifly78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bullet Flight now has G7 BC's from Brian Litz. </div></div>

How exactly do you get it to use Bryan's G7 BCs? I have not found a way for the program to enter G7, I have to enter the lower number manually when I switch to G7.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have compared Ballistic FTE to SHOOTER for the Droid to Bulletflight.

Ballistic FTE and SHOOTER on my HTC Eris are within .3 MOA at 800m

good enough for the women i run with

I LOVE using the app on my droid and the guy that made it is a hide member "seankndy"
I understand there are some nice updates in the works too </div></div>

So I can download Ballistic to a Droid phone?

For the droid go to the market on the phone and type shooter in the search box. Thats how I found it. Don't know if your carrier makes a difference or not. Mine is Verizon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the droid go to the market on the phone and type shooter in the search box. Thats how I found it. Don't know if your carrier makes a difference or not. Mine is Verizon.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the droid go to the market on the phone and type shooter in the search box. Thats how I found it. Don't know if your carrier makes a difference or not. Mine is Verizon.</div></div>

Thanks..Just learning this phone. Turns out I can open my garage door with it, and I am not kidding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the droid go to the market on the phone and type shooter in the search box. Thats how I found it. Don't know if your carrier makes a difference or not. Mine is Verizon.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the droid go to the market on the phone and type shooter in the search box. Thats how I found it. Don't know if your carrier makes a difference or not. Mine is Verizon.</div></div>

Thanks..Just learning this phone. Turns out I can open my garage door with it, and I am not kidding. </div></div>

Yeah, you can also search for ballistics and it will show up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUCKSHOT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So I can download Ballistic to a Droid phone? </div></div>

No, sorry, not what I meant. I've used KAC Bullet Flight AND Ballistic FTE on my iTouch. Then compared the two apps to "Shooter" that i run on my HTC Eris with Droid.