• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Bedding a 10/22

Re: Bedding a 10/22

The guys at rimfire central might help you there. There is even a sticky in the tips section of the forum with pictures that can help you bed the 10/22. I have the hogue overmold stock on mine with a tac-sol barrel which has a tendency to change my poi because it may move up and down regardless of how hard you turn the takedown screw. In a wooden stock this may be helpful because you do not want to crush the wood. I shim my barrel about 4 inches from the receiver which takes care of the seesaw effect. Its deadly accurate at 230 yds I consistenly break skeet traps at that distance which is now getting boring. May try golf balls next.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250931

Re: Bedding a 10/22

Yes it helps Imurhuckleberry has it right. I did a piller bed on the front action screw and taped it for a 1/4-20 cap bolt. Also bedded the rear of the action and the front 2" of the barrel. A 10 shot 2" group at 200yds is not a problem. I am using all Kidd stuff and SK rifle Match ammo.