• Fast is Fine, Accuracy is Final

New tee just dropped. Shop now!

Grab yours

Sidearms & Scatterguns Benelli M4

What do you think of the newer Berettas like the 391 and A400? I had a SX2 and regret selling the dang thing.
For new Production shotguns, they are the best IMO.

Not a huge fan of modern Semi-Autos to be 100% honest. I don't like the cheapening of materials and cost increase due to euro labor.

I not only think the 303, 390, 391, Browning Golds and Silvers, BT80s, SX1 and SX2 are better build guns, they can all be had significantly cheaper.

The only real drawbacks is the older designs are harder (take longer) to clean and parts replacement takes a little more work. Places like Coles and Rich can still fix anything and get parts if needed.

For the price of a new A400 Sporting , I can buy 3 used guns, shoot the piss out of them, and sell them for more than you paid.

The A303 is really the high point for Semi-Auto Shotguns and IMO the best one to own. It was a juncture in time where materials were still top notch with great attention to detail and some hand fitting AT the same time more modern features like choke tubes came into play. Since then Tech has not really changed much. A minty A303 with 28 or 30" choked barrels is a hard fucking gun to beat for clays, upland and even lighter waterfowl work. Since then to the 390, 3901, 391, A400 its been a de-evolution making them easier and cheaper to manufacture trying to keep place with inflation.

If you aren't raising your prices OR decreasing your costs by 3-5% per year you are losing money. Beretta has not existed for 500 years by being idiots.

In 2001 a beretta 391 was like $1100. Today a Brand new A400 is $1600. Inflation is way higher, Labor is way higher.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
i only use federal flitecontrol buckshot for home defense (and truball slugs for slug work).
the size of the hole will not be bigger than my fist at any distance i will be shooting. at interior distances, it will not even open up yet.

Reactions: AngryKoala
For new Production shotguns, they are the best IMO.

Not a huge fan of modern Semi-Autos to be 100% honest. I don't like the cheapening of materials and cost increase due to euro labor.

I not only think the 303, 390, 391, Browning Golds and Silvers, BT80s, SX1 and SX2 are better build guns, they can all be had significantly cheaper.

The only real drawbacks is the older designs are harder (take longer) to clean and parts replacement takes a little more work. Places like Coles and Rich can still fix anything and get parts if needed.

For the price of a new A400 Sporting , I can buy 3 used guns, shoot the piss out of them, and sell them for more than you paid.

The A303 is really the high point for Semi-Auto Shotguns and IMO the best one to own. It was a juncture in time where materials were still top notch with great attention to detail and some hand fitting AT the same time more modern features like choke tubes came into play. Since then Tech has not really changed much. A minty A303 with 28 or 30" choked barrels is a hard fucking gun to beat for clays, upland and even lighter waterfowl work. Since then to the 390, 3901, 391, A400 its been a de-evolution making them easier and cheaper to manufacture trying to keep place with inflation.

If you aren't raising your prices OR decreasing your costs by 3-5% per year you are losing money. Beretta has not existed for 500 years by being idiots.

In 2001 a beretta 391 was like $1100. Today a Brand new A400 is $1600. Inflation is way higher, Labor is way higher.
Thank you. I’m gonna try to find one of the older ones when everything dies down. I had a 390 and it’s another one of the ones I regret sending Dos the road.

Thank you. I’m gonna try to find one of the older ones when everything dies down. I had a 390 and it’s another one of the ones I regret sending Dos the road.
3901 is another. It was made for Walmart and is a US/Italy hybrid gun. A few cheapening features but essentially the same gun. I have bought them in the past for $400-500. Have a ducks unlimited one now I paid like $550 for and never shoot it. They are out there if you look.

Shotgunworld is the snipershide of shotguns.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
I did carrier comp titanium mag tube, spring, and follower, GG&G or carrier comp charging handle (I forget which), Mesa Urbino stock, Scalarworks mount with RMR RM06, TTI safety, TTI bolt release, and more recently an Agency Arms forend. I haven’t shot it since the forend but it’s my favorite shotgun I’ve ever owned. I’ve got a handout chokes for it and it the assortment of chokes it can literally do anything a shotgun can do.

Let me know how you like the forend after shooting it.

3901 is another. It was made for Walmart and is a US/Italy hybrid gun. A few cheapening features but essentially the same gun. I have bought them in the past for $400-500. Have a ducks unlimited one now I paid like $550 for and never shoot it. They are out there if you look.

Shotgunworld is the snipershide of shotguns.
I’m on there too. Once everything settles I’m gonna grab a Beretta or Winny for clays and whatnot.

Would you mind posting a pic if you have it? I'm looking at maybe adding some mods to mine and want to see how it looks with your setup.
Sorry for delay
I keep finding more crap I’ve done with it since my original post about what was done i.e. tritium sights, rear QD swivel. Rear QD needs to move back the other side
30673909-8476-4E5B-80D7-8DF0A844D203.jpeg

CC46FDEB-BBE9-4E06-8717-3B87316D4FE8.jpeg