Bergara barrel change

From what I’ve gathered hanging around the Bergara Shooters FB Page, it’s not a drop in thing. They have a coned bolt nose which I’m almost positive eliminates savage or remage drop in barrels.

Also, bergara is no longer making them with the Barrel nut. Per Nate Treadaway (their CEO), they “were having trouble achieveing the consistency they want” with the system. All new bergaras have standard screw barrel into receiver type system.

Also if you send the rifle to them to be rebarreled, it will come back sans nut.

Getting ready to put remage on a Bergara. Looking like a 17.5 degree chamfer on the bolt nose recess till it headspaces plus ~0.004” clearance should do it. Should take less than 10-15 min in the lathe. Will post final results once complete.

Never bought the Bergara. Went a different route so I can not be of any assistance.
Got one in the shop and dude is set on using a remage he has for it. Shouldn’t be a problem. Figured I’d post here vs starting a new thread in hopes that it may help someone else down the road.

I'd like to know how well this worked for you. I have b-14 HMR that needs a barrel. I would like more options in barrel material, rifling, caliber, and contour vs what Bergara supplies. Aside from the coned bolt nose a Remage setup would be perfect. If this works well for you I may try the same and see if my local Smith will do it for a reasonable price.

I spoke to Bergara again today. $500 with sub moa guarantee only their contours and chamberings. 6-8 months back log. Way too long of wait time and I'd prefer something bigger than a #5 or medium palma. Best deal I've found is at Keystone Accuracy, but you will need to send in action. You will end up with a button rifled or cut Kreiger barrel that is shouldered. I prefer shouldered to a remage style in my opinion.

Is that installed?
It would be 429-469 or 629-669 kreigger plus 40 for threads + shipping regular price installed but youll need to ship him your action and then he will need to ship it back to your residence for signature required delivery like you have to do for every action you send of to anyone.
1581452763991.png

He has sales frequently enough, I assume they will pick up again now that he has moved, where you get the muzzle threads for free.

Last edited: