• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Bergara hmr 6.5 creedmoor

I have the pro, but mine shot best with hornady 140gr match. I only tested with precision hunter or match for factory, as I handload, but I got a test target of .61" and replicated that group size in the field. Precision hunter 143gr gave me .8" at 100yds.

Bergara also states on their website in the FAQ which factory ammo works best or what they test with.

Reactions: specneeds
Screenshot_20191011-092108_Gallery.jpg

Same gun as yours. First group after zeroing, but this is the average size with factory 143 ELD-X. Love this gun

Reactions: OldArmyGuy155
I shot some awesome groups in my bergara HMR 6.5 crdmre. using Hornaday 120 gr with 42.3 of H4350. H 4350 is what I have found to produce best 5 shot groups. Reloader 17 was just about as good. Next trip out I will get a report out as to what kind of powder burn I am getting.I suspect it is in the 2850 to 2900 fps range. My savage 10 T shoots nosler 140 gr rdf with 42.0 of H4350 at 2750 fps with deviations of 15fps not bad for 140gr bullet.

Reactions: DrBoz
As for factory ammo mine likes federal Gold Metal match 130gr bergers it shoots them .5 moa. And that was before I put in the trigger tech special.

The Premier line runs TT Specials
The Bergara Premier line runs TriggerTech Primaries not TriggerTech Specials but I can endorse the TriggerTech Special for the B14 HMR wholeheartedly as it's what I've been running for about a year now. For the 6.5 Creedmoor ammo all the above from 130gr. Federal Gold Medal Match Berger to any of the Hornady 140 gr. range Match grade ammo varieties have been doing extremely well in mine. If you are looking for further improvement, I can recommend the Bergara Premier SA bolt with its lighter firing pin and spring.

Attachments

• 20190714_163008 VZ.jpg
    20190714_163008 VZ.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 128
Just helped a buddy get a load this weekend with the 24” hmr
140 rdf
41.2 h4350
2661 FPS
12 sd
30 es
20 rounds on the mag speed
.55 5 shot group
Little slower than we would have liked but it will do

Reactions: DrBoz
The Bergara Premier line runs TriggerTech Primaries not TriggerTech Specials but I can endorse the TriggerTech Special for the B14 HMR wholeheartedly as it's what I've been running for about a year now. For the 6.5 Creedmoor ammo all the above from 130gr. Federal Gold Medal Match Berger to any of the Hornady 140 gr. range Match grade ammo varieties have been doing extremely well in mine. If you are looking for further improvement, I can recommend the Bergara Premier SA bolt with its lighter firing pin and spring.
Where did you find the Premier bolt? I've looked all over Google and don't see it sold as a standalone part.

Where did you find the Premier bolt? I've looked all over Google and don't see it sold as a standalone part.
Give Bergara a call, they were happy to sell me one. Bergara has more available than what's listed on their web site. Chad Gibbs is a great guy to deal with at Bergara customer service.

Reactions: armydog