• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Bergara HMR Pro

The bolt handle is threaded, but I believe its a different thread pitch then normal. I don't have a pair of calipers where I am to get a diameter right after the threads, but its a standard #5 contour which should put it about 0.7".

I would like a B-14 HMR Pro in .223 to replace my Tikka T3x Varmint. My "regular" B-17 HMR is the most amazing rifle I ever owned. I use a Vortex HS-T 6-24x50 scope on it. It shoots < 1/2" MoA at 100 yds with cheap Hornady American Gunner 6.5 CDM 140 grain. Picture below is a five shot group at 100 yds from my Lead Sled with that ammo. There is no better group I have ever seen or shot.
BUT ... where can I buy an HMR PRO ??

7EB383C0-2374-44CA-A497-5B38B1493E6F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
IMG_0790.jpg
IMG_0562.jpg
IMG_0794.jpg

here is a 3 shot group i had at 100yds and a single shot after dialing it in from the 3 shot group. I split the hole on the first two shots and it was a small error on my part on the 3rd shot - lets blame that on excitement. This gun is insanely precise. This was done on a bipod without a bag. I have it in 6.5 CM. I used Hornady Match with ELD round and Hornady Precision Hunter ammo that also uses the ELD round. The Precision Hunter round was a little better in my opinion but were splitting hairs at this point - pardon the pun.

I would like a B-14 HMR Pro in .223 to replace my Tikka T3x Varmint. My "regular" B-17 HMR is the most amazing rifle I ever owned. I use a Vortex HS-T 6-24x50 scope on it. It shoots < 1/2" MoA at 100 yds with cheap Hornady American Gunner 6.5 CDM 140 grain. Picture below is a five shot group at 100 yds from my Lead Sled with that ammo. There is no better group I have ever seen or shot.
BUT ... where can I buy an HMR PRO ??
I emailed them and got a response on the .223. They said they will start to ship end of summer.

Reactions: frost1235
What can it do in your hands, and what do they guarantee it will do?

Dave
Not sure. Shot the gun yesterday and it grouped 1” or better at times then other times it was all over the place (3-4”) thought I was having a really bad day on the trigger. So I practiced dry firing, and noticed my scope twitched. The guys who mounted the scope mount only hand tightened the screws! Wasted day and ammo! ?

I never take anyone's word for fasteners being properly torqued, I learned that with a remmy. I'd check the action screws and get them properly torqued too. But .6" with factory ammo seems like its gonna be a sweet shooter especially with handloads.
But I don’t handload. Wish I knew how and have the time. Life is to busy!

Believe me, I don't have time either. I'm learning by necessity after wasting 3 range sessions looking for factory ammo for another rifle. I wasted more time and money doing that, than sitting back and working out 1 load for across the course from the get go. But the way I figure. .6 for that brand of ammo is good, better yet is if the ES is 10 or less, so you know that roughly 1/2 moa is consistent across various distances. I've seen the Hornady 140 ELDM's hover right around an ES of 10-12. In which case you have a 1/2 moa rifle with factory! You might also consider stepping out the range a bit, because you might just see that group tighten up further out., especially after torquing everything which can be properly torqued. Good luck, and nice rifle!

Just snagged a HMR PRO in .223 as a trainer rifle. Threw on an SWFA 3-15. Can’t wait to take it out this weekend. Initial impressions are great - super smooth action, great trigger. Factory target showed .5 MOA. Planning on running a variety of factory ammo through it. Will post back with some results.

Attachments

• 3F4329C9-B783-4CF6-AAED-1425579ABDF7.jpeg
    3F4329C9-B783-4CF6-AAED-1425579ABDF7.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Wyzrd
Mine is in 6mm creedmoor. I got it to shoot long range p-dogs. Factory target was .535" I beat that first range session. After some load work mine is shooting 105VLD Hunting and Sierra 95 TMK's into 5 shot ragged 1 hole groups. I like it alot . Everything is as advertised. Super smooth and a very adequate trigger. 1.5lbs is okay on a +12 lb. rifle. My shooting buddy bought 1 also his shoots great also. Ours are the only ones that I know of. Going to use the sierras as they have a very thin jacket. BC is .5 vs .545 for the vld's. I'm getting 3300+ fps with the 95's

Here's the target from my first outing with HMR Pro 6.5CM. My test target from factory was .471". I was pretty determined to beat that based on other factory targets I've seen and read about. Well, I accomplished that first time out. :) I fired 5 shots of American Gunner to sight it in and tweek in the reticle. The next 5 shots were ELD-M and here is the target. It measures .435". The last three shots are the ones touching.

From here, I went straight to 400 yds, held over with dope from Strelok app and was on a paper plate with the next 4 shots. Group wasn't great (3-4") but still cool that strelok calculation was that close. I haven't chronoed my velocity yet and I think I guess at it using a known velocity from someone elses gun. Next time ill dial elevation at 400yds. It was also hot and there was a good bit of mirage going on.

I'm VERY VERY happy with this rifle.

Reactions: Wyzrd and Wags
I did a 2nd outing with this rifle last Friday. Here are the targets. My POI is off a little because I shifted the rear ring on my scope forward. Doing this will allow me to move the scope forward one notch or rearward one notch without monkeying with anything else. I read where Frank recommended this.

I wanted to see the POI differences between ELDM, ELDX and American Gunner. They seem identical at 100 yds.
Right target: I shot 5 rounds of Hornady American Gunner on right with "CCB" being the first shot fired after cleaning the rifle. The next 4 shots are make a decent group 1.5" lower.
Middle target: 2 rounds of ELDM
Left target: 1 round of ELDX

This target has 5 rounds of ELDX on the right. The target on the left has my first 5 shots with from a Harris Bipod. I can certainly see what folks are talking about not being able to load the bipod on the bench. I did the best I could.

400 yard target. Not happy at all with this. Very similar to the other 400 yard target I shot a few weeks ago. It was hot and mirage was real.... again. I need to study up on mirage I suppose.