• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Berger vld hunting vs target

i have been shooting 139 scenars in my 260, just started playing around with the berger 140 vld hunting, they seem to shoot very well and do a much better job on animals. im still working on a load but very happy so far

I actually got out and shot 10 of the hunting vld alongside the target versions and there was no discernible difference. Haven't shot at distance yet but I'm not too worried after today's results. I did notice the my velocity was all over the place today though. A known single digit sd load was in the 12s and velocities were 30-40 fps faster at 62 degrees today than at 68 degrees previously, so looks like I've got something else going on....

I've shot both the target and hunting vld's and have not noticed any discernible difference with same load as related to accuracy, mv and es. Big difference on game if going to be hunting. The hunting vld's have delivered much better (read awesome) terminal performance. Shoot the 130 and 140 out of 6.5 gap 4s and the 140 out of 6.5 CM. Both liked them .001 off lands.